• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old school site, what happened to Bronco.com?

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I know this goes way back, but what happened to Bronco.com? I had just started driving and getting into the Bronco my dad gave me when I found the site circa 1997. I know it's long gone, around 2001, but what happened to it? To the man who began this site, or men, you've done a outstanding job.

techlaf

Contributor
Domain Name: BRONCO.COM
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Steve Nunez
Level 31
Singapore, Singapore 049909
SG
(656)321-9115
dns@illation.com.sg
Domain created on 11-Feb-1996
Domain expires on 12-Feb-2018
Last updated on 15-Nov-2008

samamarshall

What? The guy lives in singapore and used to run Bronco.com? Strange...probably a BS address to keep people from knowing his real one

I'm starting my own early bronco website. It'll have a forum, tech articles, membership, etc. As soon as I get the site done, I'll let you guys know.

I'm thinking it will really be a good source for early bronco enthusiasts.

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
Steve is/ was the long time owner. He set up the sight first and the old EBML list. He does not admin the sight. I can't remember who the last admin was. I was on Bronco.com last year.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Had forgot about that one.. too much time on CB ;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had forgot about that one.. too much time on CB ;D

Easy to do-not many updates on the old Bronco.com, however, lets give credit where credit is due-that site and the ebml started ALL the internet "ebing" :)
Interesting history, maybe Todd Z will see this and chime in. I got on after it became bronco.com/ebml-it was a smaller list before that with several core guys who are still into ebs.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I remember the old EBML list from 1998 when I moved back to the states and got back into EBs. I'll bet there are a lot of people on CB.com that started out there also.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
eb

Easy to do-not many updates on the old Bronco.com, however, lets give credit where credit is due-that site and the ebml started ALL the internet "ebing" :)
Interesting history, maybe Todd Z will see this and chime in. I got on after it became bronco.com/ebml-it was a smaller list before that with several core guys who are still into ebs.

AAHHHH, the good old days!;)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I remember the old EBML list from 1998 when I moved back to the states and got back into EBs. I'll bet there are a lot of people on CB.com that started out there also.

I was on it before then. I think I still have a lot of that stuff archived.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

There was a group of us EB freaks that were on the "offroad mailing list" run by Stefan Roth back in the early/mid '90s. After a period of time, we split off and formed the "EBR-Net" in February '95. I can't recall the original 5-6 members anymore but I believe Jacques Garden, Shannon Shirk, Kraig Pendleton, myself, and probably Bruce Rowen were among the first.

When we first started, we didn't have a real mailing list, per se. We all had to keep everyone's email address handy and made sure we hit reply all with our replies. That didn't work very well because someone was always getting dropped so we quickly formed a real list and it took off from there.

I have no doubt Steve Nunez is listed as living in Singapore. He has lived all over the world in the past 15 years.

Todd Z.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
I'm starting my own early bronco website. It'll have a forum, tech articles, membership, etc. As soon as I get the site done, I'll let you guys know.

I'm thinking it will really be a good source for early bronco enthusiasts.

We always need more Bronco sites....

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There was a group of us EB freaks that were on the "offroad mailing list" run by Stefan Roth back in the early/mid '90s. After a period of time, we split off and formed the "EBR-Net" in February '95. I can't recall the original 5-6 members anymore but I believe Jacques Garden, Shannon Shirk, Kraig Pendleton, myself, and probably Bruce Rowen were among the first.

When we first started, we didn't have a real mailing list, per se. We all had to keep everyone's email address handy and made sure we hit reply all with our replies. That didn't work very well because someone was always getting dropped so we quickly formed a real list and it took off from there.

I have no doubt Steve Nunez is listed as living in Singapore. He has lived all over the world in the past 15 years.

Todd Z.

Thanks Todd-
I remembered you, Shannon, Jack G., and Kraig, but forgot Bruce. Hope things are going well for you and various "projects" :)
Karl

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I was like #46 or something on the ebr/ebml. I remember there not being any other online eb stuff available then( well almost none). It was nice opening my email and having 500 mails to look through. Had to check mail 4 or 5 times a day just to keep up! It was great. Too bad all that bs happened and so many people disenrolled!

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
Reflecting back we all really did pass on good information. Your right crush it was hard to keep up with. especially those "Coby tails".

This site is great in todays standards.