• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions/Experience on best full cover

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Considering leaving my broncos out this winter and covered so I can work on some projects inside the garage. Looking at early December to mid-late March most likely. Other than wind and some snow, freezing rain, sleet, LOL, just all that, I don't see any difference with how cold they would be. I have trail covers for both of them and thinking I would get 2 full covers and put on over the trail covers. Neither has doors or top. They would have a family cage roll bar top, trail cover, and then a full cover. Hopefully that be sufficient for the winter and hopefully deter some critters from getting in.

Which full cover would be recommended?
Who parks theirs outside for the winter that can offer some advice?

Had considered just renting a couple mini storage stalls but usually have to commit for longer, would rather use the money and have some covers out of it at the end.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I had the one from Wild Horses/Bronco Graveyard - Rampage, I think....didn't spend the winter outside, but spring thru fall. Got snow on it twice, but melted quick.....lasted a few years till moisture started showing up on the hood underneath. I think being in NE Ohio, you would need to clear the snow off of it often, especially if it is wet snow so it doesn't rip the cover due to the weight.

Graveyard was much cheaper for shipping.....semi-form fitting cover.

Pops

marjama

Contributor
Years back I stored my Bronco outside under a Covercraft Noah cover. Not a particularly cheap cover, but it worked great. I can recommend 'em.

(Caveat - this was in northern California, so the weather was not extreme. Just rain and these freaking trees that shed leaves that would literally stain the paint if left on the surface for more than a day!)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have the Rampage weather proof cover that WH and JBG sells. I used it on my 67 when I was moving from one house to another it spent the better part of 5 months outside. Mostly the winter. It did a good job of protecting the bronco. Water would only get through in a few places around the seams, but it kept inside dry.

I now have two of them now, when I bought my 70 it came with one and I think the previous owner kept that bronco outside all the time. I now use the first one to cover my 75 all summer long, I use it to keep the water off the rust, and so people don't constantly ask if its for sale!) it is starting to fade and is not nearly as water proof as it used to be, its probably 2 years old now. Again for the price hard to beat!

One thing to make sure you do is watch what ever you use to secure the cover under the bronco. I had a bungy cord that was holding mine on, we have crazy wind around here and during a bad storm the cover lifted and the bungy removed the paint from the rocker of the bronco. So beware in the wind!