• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions on JBG leaf springs

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Its almost time for springs, just wondering if anyone has used JBG leaves. I emailed them and they said all of their springs are made by deaver so i assume they are pretty good quality. Ill be getting the 2 1/2" springs and running them /w a soft top. Im torn between Duff's Susp kit for the front or BC Broncos coils. But I havent seen many opinions on the leaves. My other option is the Duff leaves, but a 10 or 11 pack seems like overkill for a bronco that wont be wheeled much.

What do you think?

vbro

I got the stock replacements from JBG and I think they're pretty stout. I've taken them on wash boards, lite trails and loaded over 1/2 a ton of rock on them. They're holding up good.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
agent_orange_71 said:
Its almost time for springs, just wondering if anyone has used JBG leaves. I emailed them and they said all of their springs are made by deaver so i assume they are pretty good quality. Ill be getting the 2 1/2" springs and running them /w a soft top. Im torn between Duff's Susp kit for the front or BC Broncos coils. But I havent seen many opinions on the leaves. My other option is the Duff leaves, but a 10 or 11 pack seems like overkill for a bronco that wont be wheeled much.

What do you think?

Deaver currently makes the best leaf springs on the market and Jeff's is one of their dealers for their Bronco springs. I'd say you can't go wrong with them.

Todd Z.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I ORDERED A SET ABOUT 8 MTHS AGO AND AM VERRY HAPPY WITH THEM!!!

i'D GO FOR IT!

JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE INSTOCK B4 YA ORDER

:cool:

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
ctowery said:
I'd say go with the BC's coils, Very happy with them.
Cary

...%)

Unless you have a good way to convert to rear coil over suspention BC coils woun't wort too well in the back:D

But who cares... right! :p

Funbronco

Loc.
Newville, PA
I used the 3.5" JBG leafs and love them, the ride and flex are first rate. I run a hard top, you can remove 1 leaf if you are running a soft top. I used WH rock crawler coils and am very pleased with them too. do yourself a favor and run shock hoops in front. it will flex a lot more and also ride and handle noticably better on the street.

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Slick said:
...%)

Unless you have a good way to convert to rear coil over suspention BC coils woun't wort too well in the back:D

But who cares... right! :p

[/QUOTE

Hey Slick, maybe ya should read his post again. He was thinking about either BC's or Duff's front coils, so I gave him my opinion.

Cary

OP
OP
agent_orange_71

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
You guys have swayed me I think. Im gonna go w/ deavers, their about a hundred bucks cheaper.

One more thing, Funbronco mentioned running shock hoops up front. This one will be mainly a street driver, and the stock look is somewhat important. For the sake of handling is it really worth it to swing the hoops and dual shocks??

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Running dual shocks and hoops is totally unnessary, it dated from a time when shock technolgy wasn't up to racing needs. 1 remote rez shock valved for your spring rate and usage is all you need. Added benifit is it will be lighter and cost less;D . I would highly recomend getting Bilsteins, 7100 series with or without the remote rez. Give all the info to the race dept at Bilstein and they will tell you what valving you will need. Give this info to whoever you will buy them from. You will then have the best shock you can get and if ever you change rig you can revalve them to match.

Cary

Funbronco

Loc.
Newville, PA
I didn't say I was running dual shocks up front. I run shock hoops but only run 1 shock per side. Do I think you should run them on a mainly street driven rig? It will handle and ride better but is totally a judgement call. If stock appearance is important then just use stock mounts with a quality shock. I hope this helps

U

Unregistered

Ok I understand now, I dont didnt think the dual shocks would make that much difference. I assumed you were running duals because most people do. I think Im going to stay with the stock mounts. Thanks