• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions on where to place mount for Nexus

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I'm trying to figure out where to mount my Nexus 7. I'd rather not drill into the metal but I'm a little overwhelmed with all the different ram mounts options out there.

Can I mount it down by the shifter or should it be up closer to the window?

Any thought?

Attachments

• 884510_10202857241541626_504453826_o.jpg
    884510_10202857241541626_504453826_o.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 97
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 85
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 81

demesauce

Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
What about a mount that attaches under the dash and holds the nexus at dash level? Possibly has a rotatable arm so you can move it or swing it out of the way.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Oh, so I could permanently screw the mount in under the dash? That's a good idea. I saw the suction mounts but can't think how they hold when off road.
Thanks!

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Go here and scroll down to Ram-B-166U-C. It's the one with the Tab-Tite holder and the windshield suction cup mount. If you go with any type of suction cup mount be sure it has a tablet holder similar to the Tab-Tite which is spring loaded so the tablet is secure. I had one before the Ram that only had arms that the tablet rested on and it was junk. When off-road I had to remove the tablet and let it ride in the passenger seat otherwise it would have fallen and hit the floor. The Ram listed here did the trick and holds the tablet very tight even when rock crawling. I love it. Mine is the one that you have to take the tablet out of its carrying case to mount it.

http://www.rammount.com/NewProducts/GoogleNexus7TabTiteMounts/tabid/4706/Default.aspx

If you don't have a good off-road app I can recommend BackCountry Navigator Pro. It is a Droid app which costs $10 and it is really good once you figure it out.

Last edited:

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Here is where I mounted mine. I just screwed the mount into the top of the dash. One hole was already there for the dash pad and I made one more.

Attachments

• 2013-01-08 17.53.29.jpg
    2013-01-08 17.53.29.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 2013-01-08 17.54.38.jpg
    2013-01-08 17.54.38.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Go here and scroll down to Ram-B-166U-C. It's the one with the Tab-Tite holder and the windshield suction cup mount. If you go with any type of suction cup mount be sure it has a tablet holder similar to the Tab-Tite which is spring loaded so the tablet is secure. I had one before the Ram that only had arms that the tablet rested on and it was junk. When off-road I had to remove the tablet and let it ride in the passenger seat otherwise it would have fallen and hit the floor. The Ram listed here did the trick and holds the tablet very tight even when rock crawling. I love it. Mine is the one that you have to take the tablet out of its carrying case to mount it.

http://www.rammount.com/NewProducts/GoogleNexus7TabTiteMounts/tabid/4706/Default.aspx

If you don't have a good off-road app I can recommend BackCountry Navigator Pro. It is a Droid app which costs $10 and it is really good once you figure it out.

Ok, I got this whole set up. It's perfect, thanks!

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
If you mean the Bronco who's damn new engine is defective and had to be sent back to Jasper and the new one hasn't arrived yet and I had to cancel two trips (one being my first Bronco meet-up) cause I ain't got no Bronco....yea, that Bronco is still in the shop.

:-[

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
If you mean the Bronco who's damn new engine is defective and had to be sent back to Jasper and the new one hasn't arrived yet and I had to cancel two trips (one being my first Bronco meet-up) cause I ain't got no Bronco....yea, that Bronco is still in the shop.

:-[

Put the lime in the coconut n call me in the moaning!:-X

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Down on the shifter, or an attachment to the windshield.. :)

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Put the lime in the coconut n call me in the moaning!:-X

Well I put my two tears in a bucket and stopped whining.

I got one of the suction cup thingies. I think I'll be able to try out a few locations with that.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Well I put my two tears in a bucket and stopped whining.

I got one of the suction cup thingies. I think I'll be able to try out a few locations with that.

I got confidence in ya...you'll find the right spot.;D

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I keep myself busy. The hubs thinks I talk about it more since it's been gone than when we had it at the house. I don't even know what the mechanics at the shop think of me running out there all the time just to measure shit inside the Bronco.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I keep myself busy. The hubs thinks I talk about it more since it's been gone than when we had it at the house. I don't even know what the mechanics at the shop think of me running out there all the time just to measure shit inside the Bronco.

Yup you got it bad.....broncoholic and the good news is it gets worse ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

funny....

I have to watch myself, not talking about the Bronco too much, or the wife thinks it's all about that, lol Um hello

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
you guys are hilarious. glad I found this forum