• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

opinions

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p A lot of money for a drain plug 21.95 :-U :-U :-U Bill :p :-U :-U

Amac70

ME
no doubt that seems a bit expensive. i've got magnetic plugs in all my cars they cost about $5 at napa. I didn't read the site but is this some super magent thats going to aline the ions in the oil to make flow better or something ;D ;D j/k like i said napa $5.

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
Couldn't ya just magnetize a regular steel drain plug? I've done it with screwdrivers and such.<br><br>Better yet, how bout getting a good strong magnet from an old stereo speaker or somethin and sticking it on the end of yer oil filter.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I think they are a good idea. They used to come stock on Husquavarna motorcycles back when they were made in Sweden. I used to change my oil after every few rides and there would be all kinds of stuff on the plug, mostly from metal clutch plates. But then again those motors were two stroke and there was no oil filter. Anyway, I think they work and could be a good investment.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
And if you get one jeepster, it's another excuse to use that camera. <br><br>Love the pics ;)

MI-Bronco

Seems like a good idea, but I'm goin to NAPA before I spend $22 - even if she does look hot.<br><br>Another option I've seen is a magnetic colar for the oil filter.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Boozer link=board=5;threadid=12518;start=0#93325 date=1040434280]<br>Yeah she's pretty hot......<br>[/quote]<br><br>HAHA I thought same thing when I saw it.

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
All I know is that a lot of newer cars/trucks are coming with drain plugs similar to this. That is just a little less junk to run through your engine the way I see it.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Look at it this way, every piece of shavings and ferrous material you can trap and keep it from getting sucked into the oil pump saves wear and tear on the pump gears (rotors on Fords). Ford oiling systems are very clean in design, and if the filter is working like it should, it will keep those shavings from doing further damage. Another good reason for runnin one would be as a tattle-tale device to alert you when something is broke or went south in your motor. Note, use an OE gasket though, I have used those bright white ones they have pictured on the site, and they squash, split and wear out too quickly. The gaskets I get from the Ford dealer last a long time. <br><br>opinions, seems I got one even when people don't want it... :p<br>BH

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Seems like a good idea, anything to keep that slag from cycling back through the system. Does the NAPA unit stick up into the pan that far? Maybe thats the design feature that makes it so expensive. I like the filter mounted ideas as well.<br><br>Would that kind of plug be beneficial in a differential application?<br><br>dpm

OP
OP
J

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
There you go, thats what I'm talking about. I really just wanted to get a thought process going about a simple low buck item that really might have some hidden benefits for the health of ones rig.