• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original fuel pump on 1966

Pace28

I have a 1966 U13 that I am trying to get running. The fuel pump leaks at the diaphragm. I can't find a rebuild kit. As I was doing research, it appears that the original fuel pumps had the glass sediment bowl... Is this correct?
I have found a pump with the sediment bowl on the interweb, but wanted to make sure it would work okay. It has the lines for the vacuum operated wipers.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've seen a couple on them, but I've seen hundreds that aren't. The originals had 10 screws on the top, aftermarket had, neither come with the glass bowls. Egge.com has rebuild kits, and until very recently you could buy the entire pump from about any auto parts store.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

U13FL735

I've always thought my 66 6 cyl fuel pump was original. I have owned it since it was 5 years old and had 50K miles, and it has a glass bowl. Could have been replaced before me of course, but just as likely its original. Rebuild kit was pretty easy to find online.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've always thought my 66 6 cyl fuel pump was original. I have owned it since it was 5 years old and had 50K miles, and it has a glass bowl. Could have been replaced before me of course, but just as likely its original. Rebuild kit was pretty easy to find online.

Would like to see pics of this just out of sheer curiosity. I've never seen a glass bowl fuel pump on any Early Bronco.

U13FL735

This is it. The same as any other except for the glass. Just another one of those 66 things?

Attachments

• DSC01615.JPG
    DSC01615.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 62

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Does anyone on here know if a rebuild kit is available for the V8 fuel pumps??