• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original Owners

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I did a search, but came up dry, are there any original owners on here? I know some of us have contacted the original owners, but it seems that MOST of us are at least 3rd owners, and would like to whack the PO's over the head with a breaker bar for the treasures they left for us. Again, just curious.

Grant

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Sort of . . . my 74 Ranger was purchased originally by my wife's grandmother as a summer vehicle for a house in Colorado. So it's been in the family since new and had less than 30K miles when we got it. I know the full history and it is truly unmolested.

I have 2 other Broncos of which I have no idea what number owner I am! And yes, there were a few things for which I would like to "thank" the PO's for!

Like 3 layers of rusted floor pans, or the many tubes of silicone sealer they must have used, or the welded on front bumper, or the indoor-outdoor carpeting glued to the inside of the full top, or . . .

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Another Sort of my dad purchased my 73 new in 73. I got it from him in 86.

Lime73sport

Loc.
Starke, Florida
My grandfather purchased my 73 in 75 with like 8K on it it was used as a hunting/aunts ride while she was in highschool, then my mother drove it to highschool, still used for hunting, then when my mom married my dad he put a new 302 in it and a new c4,still used as a hunting truck, then it got painted, then i came along, took the top off at age 9 pulled up the original carpet, found a lil but of rust fixed that, at age 15 sold my pratically new 4wheeler, took money, tore down engine rebuilt it, finished it and dropped it in 3 months ago and was able ot drive it to school the last 3 days of my sophmore year of high school. So thats 3 generations of my family that have drove this same bronco to highschool. theres 56k on the odometer now but I've been told that it has rolled over a few times.

Redneck

Loc.
Jefferson City, MO
My Bronco was bought by my father-in-law with less than 5,000 miles on it and he owned it until I bought it in 1994 with about 95,000 on it then. He used it as a back-up vehicle for his mail route as he was a rural mail carrier in north Missouri. I first met my wife of 29 years when she was driving it. I didn't know what to think as my first ride in it was with her behind the wheel at night and at over 90 mph. Currently it is in the garage going through a complete frame-up restoration. Have the frame done, rear axle in, and just about ready to put the completely re-done Dana 44 back under it with front disc conversion from a 78 F150. Have a new engine and rebuilt transmission (C4) setting on the sidelines waiting installation also. Once the brake lines, fuel lines, wiring harness and gas tank is installed it is on to the body.

Brian B

My uncle special ordered the one I have while he was living in Plant City, FL. After he passed away, I convinced my aunt to sell it to me. I have all the original documentation such as the sticker off the window, owners manual and all the registration paperwork.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Im a second owner from an original owner.....I knew the truck and owner forever....he had it 34 years me 4....gonna be hard to find a true orinial owner most of us couldnt even drive when they stopped building them....hell i was 7 years old.

d.c.parris

Loc.
cumming ga.
I bought my 77 new in march of 77 I traded a 72 that i also bought new in72 I drove the 77 back and forth to work 70 miles round trip every day for 24 years until I retired . it just mostly sits and rests now cant afford gas to drive it very much now.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Yeah, same here. Second owner, 1977 (on the '71) and 1979 (on the '73). PO's weren't able to do much in 6 years in either case. They did a few things though. But most of those things are long ago fixed.

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
My father bought a 66 new in June, 289, rear facing shocks. In 88 he conceded ownership and I still have most of it. I also bought my uncles 68 that he bought new. They are both I BELIEVE broncos. I plan on continuing on the 66 in 3 years after my 74 trail runner is going. Gotta have a beater!
Oh and I am one of those PO's who hacked it to get it through another year as it was my dd and I was very young.