• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original roof rack.... where can I find one

White Knight

Contributor
Looking for an original or reproduction roof rack for my bronco. Any ideas of vendors who have them or anyone have one they want to sell?

Attachments

• C8ACE2E6-9868-4564-B42D-C240B4F71A46.jpg
    C8ACE2E6-9868-4564-B42D-C240B4F71A46.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 137

Rbuddy98

Contributor
There is one on eBay. I don’t know if it is original.

OP
OP
White Knight

White Knight

Contributor
Roof/luggage rack

Thanks for the link. I believe oem is just 4 feet attached to roof as opposed to full length rails attached to roof. Would welcome feedback on which is oem

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think we discussed this years ago, there was no one right roof rack although mine only did have the four feet screwed through the roof.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On most racks don’t the ribs run the length of the roof, not seen too many that run the width?

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
The Ebay bidding went through the roof (pun intended). Seems fishy to me. I am not an Ebayer but is there a way for the seller to mess with the bidding price/process?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That's the first one I've seen with runners going perpendicular to the top.

OP
OP
White Knight

White Knight

Contributor
One on eBay was not stock.... no luck but hoping someone here has one tucked away they want to sell

Lawndart

Loc.
My Bronco has one that was likely dealer installed; I do like the way it looks.
I don't think they are real useful beyond fishing poles or a 2x4. I had a canoe up there once and any braking or acceleration caused the top to oil-can.

Flyfisen

My 73 Ranger has that same roof rack. Four legs screwed thru the roof plus the four or five runners screwed thru the roof on the ends. I removed it when repainting the top and welded all the holes closed. It’s in good shape except for a crease in the back cross brace. Didn’t try to straighten. If interested I’ll take some pics, the plastic/rubber runners that sat under the rack are weathered and cracked and would need to be replaced. I was told by PO that it was installed by dealership in Los Angeles when delivered. But he also told me it was rust free. Haha.