• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

over priced piece of plastic?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Those are made by a member here. Make your own and tell us how much you spent. If you come up with something better we would love to see it. Then we can sent you our money. ;) ;) ;D

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
well...i know now i am digging myself in a hole. i doubt i could make one myself as good as that. lol, so mybe it might be whole that much. ill shup up now. :-X

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
It also comes with a water tight cover to protect whatever you put in there...

uhs002.jpg

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I like it, but that would mean taking away my source of cool air (cheap man's air conditioning).

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I replaced mine with a water proof cover years ago.
Sheet metal, a few rivits and some silicone.
Total cost less than 2 bucks. :)

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i just received one for a customers truck i'm building. it's a nicely made part. it's quality. for those that can't or don't want to fabricate something of their own design, it's a no brainer.
you'd have a couple of hours into making something what is your time worth?
the part was Todd Z's creation. i give him 2 thumbs up on it.
sure you will loose the poor man's a/c, but if you don't use it or have a/c it's no big deal.
i'm a believer in supporting list memebrs too
just my .02

nick

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Does anyone know if that thing comes in other colors, or how easily it could be painted? Looks befrect for a rig that more offroad oriented, just an extra place thats already there now serves as a small tool storage box. Thanks for the info guys

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
YelloTx73 said:
Does anyone know if that thing comes in other colors, or how easily it could be painted? Looks befrect for a rig that more offroad oriented, just an extra place thats already there now serves as a small tool storage box. Thanks for the info guys

the site says the black is the actual color...i think blue was the test color or something

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I imagine that one is blue because that is todd's blue bronco its mounted in. I will have one the day I get the 1K to get AC in my Bronco. Its on the list of things to definately do.

Jeff in AZ

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
That's Todd's Bronco?
I thought it was Keith's Bronco...

OK, I think I understand now. Keith's is the bright blue one.
Todd's is the one with the rocker guards too.

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
That is a pretty good idea. If you take the doors off or have a fiberglass hood that blocks it anyways then you are good to go. I am going to have to add that to my list of things I need/want.