• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

overdrive for a 3 speed

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
Is there a over drive unit that fit a stock 3 speed. I have a 170 cid and it runs great but on the freeway I could sure use an overdrive but don't know much about them or if there even is one that will fit , any ideas[/color] [glow=green 2, 300]??? [/glow] ?:? ::)

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
I've looked into this and the SROD is the only available bolt in that I know. Make sure and get the iron case one. One drawback is the spacing between 2nd and 3rd. I've decided against that because I live in the mountains and there a lot of grades that 2nd would be too low and 3rd too high. A T-5 would be the best setup IMHO There other options but none nearly as good as the T-5. A little bit of SROD info<br>http://www.drivetrain.com/transillsrod.html