• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OX Locker

jpalmer

Loc.
Boise, ID
I know a couple people running them & they are not overly pleased with them. I know they have had problems with the cables freezing, breaking, getting out of alignment, etc. I believe OX now offers multiple forms of engagement now like electric solenoids, air solenoids, etc but that makes them considerably more expensive than an ARB or other selectables.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Had mine in for 2 1/2 years and so far no problems. PIA to install and set up (but once you know how it's a piece of cake) but since the initial setup I haven't even had to readjust the actuator lever.

The only thing I would do different is locate the actuator lever someplace I could reach without having to bend over. I find that I lock and unlock the front a lot more often that I had imagined. I will probably relocate the actuator lever someplace like right off the side of my console.

Brandon

Loc.
Sandy, Oregon
I have ran mine for many years, I think 2 years after they were released and it has always worked great for me. The trick is to fine tune it. There was a few times where I moved the lever to different spots to be more comfortable and it required a lot of adjustment. So YES make sure you run the cable and mount the lever where it is most conveinent. You will need to do several adjustments one with the front tires off the ground just to see if you are in the ball park, then an actual load test with tires on the ground to make sure in real world situation you can lock and unlock the diff. Hope that helps some Mate :cool:

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
rmfreeze on this board runs one and it works great in his rig. I run with him all the time and have rode in his rig and it seems to work pretty good, maybe not quite as convenient as the ARB, but not compressor or air lines to mess with either. PM him and get his opinion, he has been running it for several year and has wheeled it pretty hard.