• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless Harness and TBP Turn signal switch

jonmelton

Maybe you guys can help me, I'm doing the Painless Harness and when I was reinstalling my turn signal switch I broke a couple pins, so I bought a new one from Toms Bronco Parts. Now I'm putting everything back together and I have one wire that doesn't have a home. I have a 1975 with auto trans.

It's the blue/red (blue wire with red stripe) from the new turn signal switch. If I understand correctly, this is the "auto indicator wire" or "PRNDL light." But what I can't figure out is where it goes on the harness. There isn't another wire to plug into on the painless side. I have one yellow wire open, but that is the "horn switch ground."

As I write this I think I figured it out. It's the "gear indicator light" wires isn't it? A couple of wires that are loomed far in my dash with everything else.... Well hell...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, think you have it figured out. Kind of surprised there isn't a Blue w/red wire in the column harness from Painless, but if not then any of the other ones of that color will work.
If you have an extra, use it as is. If not, then it's still pretty straightforward to tap into one of the others for dash lighting.

Good luck.

Paul

eric0o1

There is a wire in the harness for this, see page 45 of the manual. There is a bundle of wires (2 wires, black and a blue/red) labeled gear indicator. The black wire won't be needed in your application as it is just a ground wire.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Eric! Thanks for taking the time to pop back in.
Good to see you here again.

Paul

eric0o1

I didn't go anywhere, I check here every morning as soon as I get in the office and usually again before I leave in the afternoon. I just don't post unless there's an unanswered question about the harness or an install.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good. Figured you were still checking in, but didn't realize it was so often. Good to hear.
Still good to hear from you, you lurker you.;)

Paul