• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless Harness - Turn Signal Issues - LED

ShoeSlinger

I installed a Painless harness with LED turn signals. All of my lights work fine with the exception of the turn and hazards. I am using Novita EL12 flashers which I read will work. When I turn on the hazards the lights illuminate on the dash only, and no dash signal lights when I use the turn signals. I could really use some help. I am debating on replacing the turn signal switch but I doubt if that is really the issue. Thanks!

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I never had much luck with all LEDs and two pin flashers. You can try putting standard incondescents in either the front or back, and then see if they work. I went with a 3 wire electronic flasher. All you have to add is a ground wire to the relay flasher. Something like an EP34 will work.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

ShoeSlinger

Great idea. I will trying installing standard lights and see if that eliminates the issue.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Only as an associated issue - some of the front turn signal switch wires are wired backward - " turn signal is park " and " park lights are turn". When the turn signals are on the bulb has more voltage going thru it so if they're wired backward the " park/ running" lights get hot - real hot.

huddy51

I had an issue with the LED flashers when I installed my Painless harness. It's been a while but I think I had to switch the wires going into the flashers. I pulled the terminals out of the connector and reinstalled them in the opposite locations. LEDs have a polarity and that my be causing your problem.

Spaggyroe

I used this flasher.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...edium=email&utm_campaign=product_review_email

I remember reading the same thing about pin polarity that huddy51 mentioned above... but I don't remember if I had to do it or not. LOL

FYI, I have the centech harness but I don't know why that would make a difference in this case.

EDIT: Be aware that this flasher is totally silent. You'll see the indicator in your gauge cluster flash but you won't hear the typical clicking noise of an old school thermal flasher.

OP
OP
S

ShoeSlinger

I changed to a grounded relay and the emerg flashers now work, but no cure for the turn signals.

RonJones

Contributor
For my Painless harness, I had to accomplish a separate, dedicated ground to one of the mounting posts on each front turn signal. Try a simple jumper ground and see if that helps.