• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless wiring kit

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
Who has the best price for the Painless Wiring Kit? I cant find a decent price anywhere.

Retro69

Hey Tim,
The cheapest I've seen for Painless is WildHorses. All the prices I've seen are about $550 to $650. About a $100-$200 more than the Centech harness. I think that's why Centech seems to be more popular.
The '74 I bought came with a partially installed Painless harness. I still have to button-up the dash and secure everything, but overall it was fairly simple. The hardest part was picking up where the PO left off.
Good Luck!
Danny

OP
OP
E

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
Retro69 said:
Hey Tim,
The cheapest I've seen for Painless is WildHorses. All the prices I've seen are about $550 to $650. About a $100-$200 more than the Centech harness. I think that's why Centech seems to be more popular.
The '74 I bought came with a partially installed Painless harness. I still have to button-up the dash and secure everything, but overall it was fairly simple. The hardest part was picking up where the PO left off.
Good Luck!
Danny
Thanks I really did not want to spend that much on a wiring kit. Thats crazy. How's the weather up there anyway. I really miss alaska bad. i am ready to move back right now. Take care. tim

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
If I were in need of a rewiring harness, I think I would check out a generic kit on ebay. 14 or 16 circuit one. You would have to do some planning and maybe study the original bronco wiring diagrams, but for $300-400 cheaper. I know it would also take more work, but it could turn out great and gives an excuse to work on the bronco more. I think you can even buy a generic painless with labeled wires and laid out circuits for that kind of price.

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
Yup, I just found a bunch. Not sure hot to hot link, but go to ebay and lookup "painless harness" or "wiring harness". I saw a non GM keyed painless, 18 circuit going for $100. There is also a knock off brand with a 21 circuit going for "buy it now" like $150 I think. It is knock off, but it looks to be really professional quality. Good Luck

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
Those are the off brand (but not really I guess, just not centech or painless) ones from ebay. They have the mini ones I think but if you look longer you can find the bigger ones I bet. Doesnt look like you save anything on ebay from the prices listed on their site. I you really want a cheaper painless setup I think ebay is your best bet, but I would get an ez setup.

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
how did your kit from Ezwiring turn out? did you like it? was it fairly easy to install? obviously needs some mods cuz it isnt cut for the bronco but overall what did you think?

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
The new Painless includes all new switches, a bigger alternator harness, weatherpak connectors and great instructions. You get what you pay for, IMO, but yeah it hurt my wallet! ;D

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
the centech is more popular because it has also been around longer than the painless.
so a lot of people have put them in and know how they go in.
i remember back when people were hesitant to be the painless harness guinea pig....

also if you are now open to suggestions, don't forget Ron Francis (not Ron Davis, that's radiators) everyone who has done there's has raved about it.
since they basically build it to your order (if you have aftermarket parts, they will make change it to work for you).

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I got a Painless set NIB in a deal with a bunch of other parts. It had all new switches and all the wiring is labeled. That explains why it cost so much.

Installation is pretty simple and the instructions is easy to follow.
I never seen a Centech set so I can't compare but the painless set is worth the cost.

moabbronco

Loc.
Payson, Utah
Hey Tim I bought a centech kit for a f-100 brand new for about $100 less than the early bronco kit. We should get together sometime since I live in Utah also. about 75 miles from you. I would also check e-bay or some of the other sites, good luck

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i yiou are looking for generic painless look around on the street rod sites yogis, speedway motors, southern streed rod parts are just a few who sale at decent prices i will check with my street rod buddy tomorrow he is bargain shopper

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
I just finished the Painless install and was 100% pleased with my decision. I just needed to call support and clarify my Duraspark wiring. I had almost no electrical knowledge or experience. This was very straightforward with killer instructions and great quality stuff.

I know it is a little more, but look at the time you will get out of this investment, 20 - 30 + years.

If I ever rewire a Bronco - Painless, without even thinking!!!

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
Good to hear everyone likes the painless. I am just way too cheap for it. $130 would work for me, plus I dont need new switches. Custom is the way for me.