• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint code help...Can you name this color or paint code????

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
I putting in the rig for paint and made my choice for this color but I cant find a code for it...I need help! any ideas on what the code is or where I should start???

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/10471/cat/6258

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/10438/cat/6258
Thanks as always guys!!!

OP
OP

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
Awesome thanks for the help guys. That color looks pretty close. The paint guy has been waiting for weeks for my code and I getting antsy so I'm just going to go for this one, I'll be sure to post the pics! Thanks again.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
Whoops That Color What You Are Looking For? Sorry For The Caps At Work And Thats All We Use

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
That Is 1966 Code D, Its Peacock Blue, DO YOU WANT THE SHERWIN OR MARTIN SENOIR, NUMBER OR FORMULA

OP
OP

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
Do you prefer sherwin or martin? If you could give me the number and formula for sherwin that would be awesome. Thank you so much.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
B7 - 8633-Y
ITS CALLED PAGODA GREEN IN SHERWIN, IT GOES ALOT FARTHER THAN YOU WOULD THINK, I HAVE ALOT LEFT OVER.

Number Color Name Cumulative
U7282 UHS BC WHITE 696.1
U7238 PT GREEN 919.3
U7233 G.S. PT BLUE 1,038.6
U7281 DEEP BLACK 1,089.4

OP
OP

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
B7 - 8633-Y
ITS CALLED PAGODA GREEN IN SHERWIN, IT GOES ALOT FARTHER THAN YOU WOULD THINK, I HAVE ALOT LEFT OVER.

Number Color Name Cumulative
U7282 UHS BC WHITE 696.1
U7238 PT GREEN 919.3
U7233 G.S. PT BLUE 1,038.6
U7281 DEEP BLACK 1,089.4
Click this link attached below...that is pagoda green? I wasn't asking about your picture I was talking about these pictures. Do you have the codes for the martin too? Is it anyway similar to the code of tropical turquoise in the link above that mitzel posted?

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/10438/cat/6258

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/10471/cat/6258

Last edited:
OP
OP

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
Nice, Is the blue colored bronco you posted earlier yours? It looks nice, what color blue is that? I was looking to paint mine white too but I live by the beach and want to go for a "beachy color"

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
Yes Its Mine, It Is A Great Beach Color And Dont Get Me Wrong It Does Look Great With The Cream Color On There, I Was Going To Go With A Beach Theme On It Even Made Wood Panels For The Inside, But Being I Live In Michigan, It Stands Out Alot, So I Changed What I Was Going To Do To It And Am Going To Put On My 32 Mt/r And Just Play With It.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
If There Was A Way To Send You Paint I Have A 1/2 Gal Left, After You Get The Prieces Of It Maybe We Could Figure Something Out

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
Thats What Color It Is, With The Bases Being Slightly Different Than They Were When It Was Originally Mixed, Laquer Versus Urethane They Are Slightly Different, To Me It Has More Of A Green Tint To It, But That Is What Martin Senoir And Sherwin Offer As The Paint Formula For 1966 Ford Trk Code D

OP
OP

71BroncoBoy

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
Thats What Color It Is, With The Bases Being Slightly Different Than They Were When It Was Originally Mixed, Laquer Versus Urethane They Are Slightly Different, To Me It Has More Of A Green Tint To It, But That Is What Martin Senoir And Sherwin Offer As The Paint Formula For 1966 Ford Trk Code D

Any ideas on how I can make it closer to that color? The color on your truck doesn't look close to the pictures I attached. Im confused on what to do now. I might just go for light blue and call it a day.