• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint Code to Match Factory Color

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
I need to have my new door inderts painted and cant find the code for my factory Arcadian Blue and need to touch up the Wimbledon White on the top and grill. Does anyone have the paint code for these colors.
Once I obtain the code can any paint shop make up the paint for me. Thanks for your help!!

jims66

Arcadian Blue is Ford pn 1226-A but are you sure that is the color? My info says that color is only available in the Econoline. Does your vin tag show paint code F (arcadian blue) or maybe E (skyview blue) which is shown available on Bronco? Either way I have codes for 1969, let me know.

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
On the vehicle ID in the glove Box it shows color P, however it was re-painted in 1994. I contacted the body shop in So. CA and he remembered the Bronco but did not have the paper work back that far to check the color. In looking at the paint chip sheet I purchased from Bishko Automobile Books the color is a very light blue, Baby Blue almost. In looking at the chips E, Sky Blue(69-71) seems a little dark the F, Arcadian Blue (69) looks to be very close to the current color. I did notice on the Chip sheet certain colors B, Caribian Turk (69), N, Coachman Beige Met (69) have a * next to it and at the bottom of the page says * Econoline Use Only. Thats why I thought the Arcadian was a match it says 69 year only with no * ? The E, Sky View Blue (no *) says 69-71 so I am not sure which it is. I do have a picture sent to me on e-mail from the seller that I can forward to you if you think that might help? Let me know

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've got some paint chip sheets on my site, they are the 75 and 76 charts.

jims66

Sounds to me like your best bet is to have a good automotive paint supplier do a color match for you. It may be painted almost any shade of blue. Good paint stores will do a computer match then finish the job by eye. Some will do it for free, some will charge for the service.

desertbug

Loc.
Fallon, NV
I'm doing the same thing (finding paint for door inserts for my '69).

I can tell mine's been painted at least once by looking under door hinges at the old color ("deep aqua" code Y vs. some other light blue).

Jims66 hit the nail on the head - take it to a paint shop and they will break out a color map and match it. I live an hour away from a big town, so I loaded up the door in my "newer" 96 Bronco for the big trip. ;)

The store I went with is Carquest, becuase they can match the paint and put it in spray cans so *I* can paint it (instead of paying for the paint AND a body shop to do it). And - I *should* have a little left over for touch-ups else where.

Hope this helps! :D

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
It is never easy is it! I thought I had this nailed with the paint chips for Ford Trucks 69-71. That is until Jimms66 informed me that the Arcadian Ford color code is for an Econoline Only?? I am wondering if the body shop knew that, if they used the same paint chip I have they would not. What's really interesting is my paint chip sheet does not identify the Arcadian-P as Econoline. Who knows you would think they would be the same. None the less I think Jims66 and yours Desertbug is good solid advise, seek out a paint shop to match the paint. I didnt even know that could be done. Have either of you had a paint match done before? Are they able to get the color pretty close. Let me know how your color match comes out DesertBug. I may check and see if their is a Carquest arount here as well. Thanks for the feedback I will let you know how things work out and if you can do the same that would be great!!

jims66

I have had a couple of matches done and they come so close you can hardly tell. Where you see it is if one is really shiny and the old is faded and dull.

desertbug

Loc.
Fallon, NV
Will do, Jims66. I might be able to drive to Reno in the next couple of days and pick up the paint. I'll reply with the cost from CarQuest (I had 'em mix 6 spray cans). IF I can get to doing the work this weekend, I'll take a pic and let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed! ;)

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Don't rely on the names Ford used for the colors. They would re-name some colors, and re-use the names on different shades, i.e. Wilbeldon White on a 68 Bronco is not the same as Wimbeldon White on a 73 Maverick.

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Hey Skuzzlebut, any thoughts on Code F Arcadian Blue (69)being exclusive to the Econoline Only? Interesting my chips cover 69-77 and no other years have a color like the Arcadian!
Thanks Guys Enjoy the Dialogue! Still Pondering

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
[quote author=desertbug link=board=5;threadid=17181;start=0#msg131458 date=1052366903]
Will do, Jims66. I might be able to drive to Reno in the next couple of days and pick up the paint. I'll reply with the cost from CarQuest (I had 'em mix 6 spray cans). IF I can get to doing the work this weekend, I'll take a pic and let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed! ;)
[/quote]

DesertBug, did you pick up your insert yet? Curious as to how they came out?

desertbug

Loc.
Fallon, NV
Sorry, Jims66 - I've picked up the paint but haven't painted yet. I spent most of the week working on my suspension and removing the top... :p

I *did* see a sameple of it next to the original door, however. The color is close, but I thnk you might be able to see a differece if you examine it for more than a few seconds. 8) More to come...