• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint time. Toreador red or Dark Shadow metallic?

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
It's time to make a decision. I am hopelessly caught in the worst case of analysis paralysis I've ever had. The bronco is getting painted and I need to decide on a color this week. Interior will be all black. Bumpers are black. Keeping the beltline chrome, classic aluminum MT or similar wheels.

I love both colors. I know there's pros and cons to both so let's hear them. Unfortunately the red is quite a bit more expensive but I don't want that to sway my decision. I am mostly worried about keeping it clean, neither will be great but I've never had a vehicle of either color so I have no personal experiences to base my decision on.

This is a fairly high end paint job because I didnt want to cheap out and be disappointed. Not sure if that matters or not.

let the options fly. Thanks.

notorious

Loc.
Nashvegas
Toreador red will show every imperfection, with that being said, any chrome will accent the beauty of this color and will be simply stunning. Dark Shadow metallic would make a wonderful two tone combo with the red if the base coat(s) is/are the same and will hide more imperfections than the red.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Lets see examples of both. In my opinion reds usually hide more than the darker colors. They also look clean longer

Texas Edition

Loc.
Odessa, Texas
I think this is Toreador Red. I just liked the color and chose it for mine!!I can look the colors up on my Invoices when I dig them out!!

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 237

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Go with your first gut instinct. I went through the the same thing on my car before the bronco and ended up with my first choice.
That being said make sure you get what you want. With my bronco I picked the color and my painter decided to embellish it with some purple pearl metal flake. Let's just say it looks like a bass boat and the color is like a the California raisins. It is going back for repainted next week.
Good luck and. I think either color will look awesome!!

Toddpole

Contributor
Definitely Toreador Red. Bumpers , cage and trim items such as headlight rings and door handles would look good dark grey.
In the end, choose the color you like best. It's yours and you're paying for it. Anyone else's opinion is just that, an opinion.
Good luck and post pictures.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I would paint it green. Jokes aside I would say not too many dark colors look good on the bronco, it takes a lot of accents etc. to pull them off to show the beautiful lines of our beloved EB's so I would vote for red. I have only seen 1 black Eb that I truly liked and that is Clarence's EB. The dark shadow metallic is not far from it and I think it looks dull in photos where the toreador red really pops.

OP
OP
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
Well thanks for all the feedback so far. I actually mulled moss green over for a long time but the wife vetoed it.

Blue was also on the list but I only like Mignight blue which is almost black and will show every speck of dust.

I was going to post examples but wanted to ask for permission from the owners first. Hopefully they don't mind.....Kudos to Bowhunter because he has about the best example of Toreador I have seen. Not sure who the DSG belongs to so sorry if this is yours.

My gut says red but I fear standing out too much. I don't need to make a statement, I just want it to look nice no matter what color people prefer.

Thanks for the feedback!

Attachments

• toreador.jpg
    toreador.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 195
  • dsg metallic.jpg
    dsg metallic.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 202

doghows72

Bronco Guru
My gut says red but I fear standing out too much. I don't need to make a statement, I just want it to look nice no matter what color people prefer.

Thanks for the feedback![/QUOTE]

I think you just answered your own question. Do it for you no one else.
Sorry if this is offensive but gets the point across.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
Well put. By the way I saw your post about the bass boat look. I don't think it looks too bad but I have to agree with your decision to re-paint. I know it'd probably bug you if you didn't. Sorry it has to be done but I'm sure you'll be thrilled after it's all over.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Red is an awesome color on a bronco I don't think you will be disappointed. I have not seen a red one I have not liked yet. Standing out is your worry, brother your BRONCO stands out all on its own, the color will not change that, just wait and see. You will meet so many people who all owned one at some time... yada yada yada... you will be your own rock star behind the wheel. :)

OP
OP
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
Well I think there's only one thing to do in this scenario and that's to buy a second Bronco and have one of each color. Problem solved! Now I just need to convince the wife that I have to have it.

Thanks for the input!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Don't think you can go wrong with either color. They are both good colors. I personally like the gray but its not my bronco! But that is a sweet red color too! Oh well!%)

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I like both colors but would probably g9 with the dark shadow with a bit mor silver. I think that a little more silver and it would be really sharp and highlight the lines of the bronco.

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
Just let your painter decide like mine did and have him surprise you. I love my toreador red! :)

navalbronco66

Dark Shadow Gray is my vote, I personally don't like the way the bronco looks in red. I personally like Red in sports cars only .