• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint time. Toreador red or Dark Shadow metallic?

OP
OP
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
I like both colors but would probably g9 with the dark shadow with a bit mor silver. I think that a little more silver and it would be really sharp and highlight the lines of the bronco.

I should also note that Sterling Gray is on the table as well. A little lighter than Dark Shadow with more metal flake (so the internet says so it must be true).

The only worry I have is how the chrome beltline trim will go with this color. Probably look pretty sharp.

Attachments

• sterling gray 2.jpg
    sterling gray 2.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Sterling Gray.jpg
    Sterling Gray.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 52

66horse

Bronco Guru
Dark shadow. I was on red before you posted the 2 colors side by side. You may have just found me the color of my next bronco paint job which surprises me because I think broncos should be loud colors like yellow orange and red.

OP
OP
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
Well I passed by an f150 exactly like the one I posted above and it was awesome. For such a bland color it's amazing. Sterling gray just moved to the top of the list. It was an omen. I'll post pictures when complete. Thanks for all the feedback.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I think that Broncos should be loud colors as well. However, if you do go with the Sterling Gray, I think it will look really sweet. Don't really think that you can go wrong with any of the colors. ;D

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
If you are worried about the trim and like the Sterling (which I like a lot better than the dark shadow) then change the trim color or finish. Get it brushed and anodized or anodized black etc. or simply delete it. You have many options in front of you... which I know you are trying to get help to narrow down but you have to go with your gut in the end.

Texas Edition

Loc.
Odessa, Texas
Toreador Red?

I love my choice of Toreador Red and Dark Shadow Gray for the top! Added some subtle ghost flames on the hood and fenders. To each his own!!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0 (12).jpg
    imagejpeg_0 (12).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 83

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you going with a white top or grey? I really like the white top. I can't seem to kick that idea.

I am basically in the same boat, I am stuck at a fun blue or a new ford grey. I really want a white top though.

My choices

Shadow Metallic
Sterling
Grabber Blue
Acapulco Blue Poly

Maybe even anvil, which they put on jeeps now. Thoughts?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
Are you going with a white top or grey? I really like the white top. I can't seem to kick that idea.

I am basically in the same boat, I am stuck at a fun blue or a new ford grey. I really want a white top though.

My choices

Shadow Metallic
Sterling
Grabber Blue
Acapulco Blue Poly

Maybe even anvil, which they put on jeeps now. Thoughts?

Well to be honest I haven't decided on the top color. I can't really picture the white top on a gray body but absolutely white if I go red/blue/etc.

My painter has suggested satin black. I am pretty skeptical of that idea however that will match my bumpers and roll bar. I typically shy away from too much dark color. I might just color match the top gray.

I looked at the similar blue's. Take a look at Midnight Blue Poly (factory Bronco color) and the late model Heep color Steel Blue Metallic. Both very nice colors but likely hard to keep clean.

ren71

I had mine painted a pretty dark grey, but the metallic shifts the color depending on the lighting and surroundings. Looks greenish, brownish, black etc. looks more unique than just a charcoal grey imo. I get lots of compliments, but then again that may just mean that the people that hate the color are polite.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yufui

yHjTjsW.jpg

68Broncoz

Contributor
I know this is an old thread however just wondering if finally decided on the color and if you have pics?

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
these are two of my favorite colors! I like the gray, and the Sterling gray is absolutely beautiful in person. That with black accents and bumpers will look badass imho...

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Well thanks for all the feedback so far. I actually mulled moss green over for a long time but the wife vetoed it.

Blue was also on the list but I only like Mignight blue which is almost black and will show every speck of dust.

I was going to post examples but wanted to ask for permission from the owners first. Hopefully they don't mind.....Kudos to Bowhunter because he has about the best example of Toreador I have seen. Not sure who the DSG belongs to so sorry if this is yours.

My gut says red but I fear standing out too much. I don't need to make a statement, I just want it to look nice no matter what color people prefer.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey....there’s my Bronco!! No worries....I don’t mind you using it at all. I’m biased....but, I’d say Toredor Red all day long!! ;-)