• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painting my '67 bronco

67bronc

I'm about to get started painting my '67 and after hemming and hawing about color choices have decided to go back to the retro, original color that was a kind of aqua or light torquoisy blue. The door strip is long gone and the paint house is having trouble finding the correct code. First, does anyone happen to have that color and second do they still have the warranty strip on the end of the drivers door with the color code on it? Thanks in advance.

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
I'm about to get started painting my '67 and after hemming and hawing about color choices have decided to go back to the retro, original color that was a kind of aqua or light torquoisy blue. The door strip is long gone and the paint house is having trouble finding the correct code. First, does anyone happen to have that color and second do they still have the warranty strip on the end of the drivers door with the color code on it? Thanks in advance.

My 67 is a pale aqua kinda like you mentioned. I never had the door tag, but did have the vin plate on the drivers kick panel. My color code was U.

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

This chart shows the colors that were available. Be sure to click on 1967 on the bottom to get to your year.

Anthony

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
Is this the color?

2550743_30_full.jpg

OP
OP

67bronc

Bronco color

Yea, I think that's it! My wife even confirmed it. The top is that original color-I bought it seperate, it just happened to match the original color of the EB I plopped it on. Do you have the door code or the color number or some ID of that color?

OP
OP

67bronc

Color blind

Thanks-that helped. After printing the ditzler color chart and holding it up to
what we thought was some kind of derivation of the color blue (the top color)
it turns out to not be blue at all-its green! Lunar green. We never would have thunk it. Thanks for the hand at solving that little mystery. I just joined the forum yesterday but I can see I'll be visiting often. I-N-V-A-L-U-A-B-L-E. 4X4 Junky had it right all along. Code U. Yesssss.

mountainman

Loc.
colorado
check this sight out for awesome paint color and code by year info!!

hey i found this sight........great information on ford paint codes going back many years before the first bronco ever started to rust. anyone into restorations could find this helpfull as well. displays all colors by year as well as paint code numbers-www.autocolorlibrary.com:)