• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

parking brake cable lenght ?

horseman

I have a 77 and put on new parking brake cables(2 rear only) when I did the brakes. Is there a difference in length from year to year from the frame mounting to the end of the cable ? The reason I asking is that I am about 2 inches short from connecting the two ends to the front cable.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Does the bronco have a lift? I think the lenght is about 68in for stock cables.

broncozx

Im also having some issues with this.
Do you have the 2 small links from the rear cables, about 2" long.
The 77 seems to have its own type.
I tried to google some pictures, but maybe i found something in a parts catalog.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
earlier years are a different lenght I believe they are 50in. and 60 in. in lenght.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know this is basic, but you're sure that the front cable to the pedal is all the way in, and that the pedal is all the way out?

Just checkin'... Wouldn't be the first time.%)

Paul

OP
OP
H

horseman

yes the front is disconnected from the pedal. The front cable is the original I only replaced the two rear.
I ve reconnected the cable to the foot pedal and made sure its all the way up

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

horseman

I have 8 1/4 inches of total cable length from the end of metal retainer barrel to the end of cable. If any one can measure what there 77 has I sure would appreciate it.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I know the passenger side is loger than the drivers side. On my 77. After the 3" lift the passenger one still fit but the drivers didnt. So i took a passenger side off another bronco and used it on the drivers. Now the fit identical both route exactly the same now

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Was there ever a resolve to this or is everyone just lengthening the threaded rod that goes through the equalizer bar?