• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

parking/E-Brake help needed

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Alright,

I've finished just about everything on my bronco w/ my JD 3.5" Monster Suspension,JD Radius Arms, 351W, JD long tube ceramic headers, etc... I'm getting ready to take the bronco down to the exhaust shop and have my exhaust sytem installled...

However, i'm trying to remember how the parking brake cables are routed and hung under the body, as well as the "T" underneath.. does anyone have any pictures of their e-brake setup under their rig so i can remember how this thing was routed? Also, where does it go through the fire wall? Or did it come up through the floor? i replaced both floor boards over a year ago as well as the kick panels and can't remember if it came up through the floor, or went through the firewall... I know some of u have to have some pics of this or... can you take a bunch of pics for me and post them? thanks

Luke

70_Steve

Old Guy
does anyone have any pictures of their e-brake setup under their rig so i can remember how this thing was routed? Also, where does it go through the fire wall? Or did it come up through the floor?
No pics, but maybe this will help. E-brake cable comes up from the floor. The diagram shows the ebrake cable routed underneath the leaf springs. I routed mine overtop.

http://broncograveyard.com/dia/6/pkbdia.jpg

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
that diagram helps out a lot actually.. didn't even think to look in my JBG catalog. However i do need someone to take a picture of where it comes up through the floorboard if you don't mind. I need to know approximately where to drill through and if there's a grommet or plate or what it was.. I've forgotten since my initial tear down a year and a half ago.

thanks

Luke