• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parts value ?

icemanup

Loc.
Ripley WV
What do you guys think a set of NOS front fenders and rocker panels are worth.
Just trying to see if I got a good deal.

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Take a peek at any of the vendor catalogs, if you paid less than you probably got a decent deal.

justinkwitt

Remember that NOS doesn't mean OE. NOS means New-Old Stock. They can be any manufacturer, they are just old stock, but are still new parts. Do you mean NOS OE or just NOS?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Remember that NOS doesn't mean OE. NOS means New-Old Stock. They can be any manufacturer, they are just old stock, but are still new parts. Do you mean NOS OE or just NOS?

I have never in my life heard this before. NOS means original OEM parts. Just about any classic car guy would agree. Anyone trying to sell repro parts that are new but made a long time ago using the term NOS is being misleading.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
If you've ever seen repop fenders, you'd readily agree that NOS fenders are worth every bit of a new fender or more. How much more depends entirely on just how bad you need them...

And yes I agree NOS means original manufacturer in the box..... Repopped in an old box is just that, repopped in an old box%)

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Personally, having used some of the newer, & supposedly "improved", fenders, I'd pay a substantial amount more for real NOS parts just to avoid the fit & adjustment issues. If a vendor is selling a repop fender for $180.00, I'd gladly pay $100-$150 more for an NOS Ford part.

OP
OP
icemanup

icemanup

Loc.
Ripley WV
Well I gave 250 for 2 fenders and 2 rockers so either way I don't think I got burned too bad. Even if they turn out to be something like Dennis Carpenters etc.

justinkwitt

Im going to respectly disagree that nos means oem. For instance, we have pallets of nos holley replacement carbs. Many of these carbs are for applications that didn't have holley carbs stock, but these carbs are holley manufactured licensed versions of carter and rochester carbs. These carbs are still nos. They are 20-40+ years old and still in the holley box. If you want to get technical then you can call it nors, but that is still nos. Anyways, I don't know anything about body parts being manufactured in the aftermarket in the 70s, so my point might be made mute, but oh well. :p

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If you have a "made by Holly for Motorcraft" carb in a show car, I guarantee you will lose points with the judges. When you read restoration articles in any car magazine that says stuff like "it took him three years to track down all NOS parts for his restoration" that means there is not a reproduction part on that car. 20 years in the classic car hobby and you are the ONLY person I have ever heard say that NOS doesn't mean OEM.

justinkwitt

In the statement above you are assuming that it is a car that came with an autolite carb right? Cuz fords used holleys and carters stock too... Anyways, since you have so many years in this hobby i assume you know that most motorcraft parts are reboxed, and produced by these "repro" manufactures, and that many of these "repro" manufacturers actually produced these parts for ford during the manufacturing process of the vehicles.

pierr

Loc.
Gordon,GA
BACK to the O.P.'s question%):p. I think $250 for two original FORD fenders + rockers was a great deal. Hell..they'll pay for themselves by saving that amount of headache for whomever installs them & has to deal w/ lining up the panels,IMO. If possible,I always try to find O.E. parts..they almost always fit that much better. Pierr.

justinkwitt

anyways, sorry for the trolling :p Thats definately a great deal since you see just the reproduction fenders for almost twice that once they are shipped to your door.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Well I gave 250 for 2 fenders and 2 rockers so either way I don't think I got burned too bad. Even if they turn out to be something like Dennis Carpenters etc.

I will double your money just let me know.Well worth what you payed.