• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Passenger seat mount bracket

Scotty

I've looked but didn't find a stand-alone passenger seat mount bracket to the floor brace. Does anyone offer such a piece?

I think this is more than just "rusty", a fair amount of the steel flaked off as I was cleaning it up. It looks to have gone from about 16 gauge to 20 or thinner on outside edge. I'd be more comfortable with a new or reinforced part; I've completed the driver's side and don't want to swap the entire brace.

I think I can make one, but the time may be worth more than the part.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• 20211029_185053.jpg
    20211029_185053.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 70

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Because it's for the front leg of the seat it's not under as much stress, especially in an accident. But it would still be nice to have it fully up to spec anyway!
This sounds like the one you need: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Center-Floor-Pan-Brace-OEM/Bronco_Floor_Pans
It's a full left-to-right piece, but you could probably cut it down if you only need the passenger side bit. At $129 though, you're paying for three "sections" anyway.

Might check to see if you need the entire bit.
On the other hand, if all you're talking about is the threaded block itself ("nut plate" maybe?) then I'd be very tempted to just make one. In fact, that's what I did when I moved my driver's seat back a few inches for more leg room.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
S

Scotty

Thanks Paul,
I'm going to try to bend one up. It's small and tight enough that it will be a challenge but I think it's worth the effort.
- Scott

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Because it's for the front leg of the seat it's not under as much stress, especially in an accident. But it would still be nice to have it fully up to spec anyway!
This sounds like the one you need: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Center-Floor-Pan-Brace-OEM/Bronco_Floor_Pans
It's a full left-to-right piece, but you could probably cut it down if you only need the passenger side bit. At $129 though, you're paying for three "sections" anyway.

Might check to see if you need the entire bit.
On the other hand, if all you're talking about is the threaded block itself ("nut plate" maybe?) then I'd be very tempted to just make one. In fact, that's what I did when I moved my driver's seat back a few inches for more leg room.

yes sir.....

OP
OP
S

Scotty

Closing the loop on this. I cut some pieces of 1" square bar to use as dollies/forming tools, then cut a piece of 16ga sheet and got after it with the hammer and the aid of a bench vise. Nuts were welded to a piece of 3/16" flat bar and then plug welded to the underside of the 16ga formed piece. I chased the nuts out with a tap several times in case of warping.

It's not perfect, but it fits and will be hidden by the floor anyway.

My 1st attempt is on the left; I learned a bit about pre-cutting the 16ga to ease the forming.

Attachments

• 20211118_103614.jpg
    20211118_103614.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 28