• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PCM repair for all you Mustang EFI folks. Fuel pump won't shut off?

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
The complaint of constant running fuel pumps seems to be getting more and more common as these computers age. So, I made a short video for you guys explaining the problem and the repair.

I would suggest anyone running Mustang EFI take a look at the video and see if the problem is in the early stages for you. It's much easier to repair before corrosion harms the printed circuit board and it's just a couple of dollars to fix as long as you catch it early.

[youtube]-O7FUoQzTB4[/youtube]

WSM29

Man that A9P looks very familiar! Glad to see it was repairable and working again! Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Garry, how's things?
Just heard an unusual symptom and thought I'd throw it out to this old thread.

Guy has an A9L running standard stuff, with every electro-mechanical component new (unfortunately) so no history with the engine in this configuration. New injectors, TPS, etc.
Engine starts fine and runs for about 4-5 minutes then shuts off and will not restart. Fuel is still flowing however as after a bit of cranking it's flowing so much it's dripping out the exhaust.

Is this possibly a capacitor or burned trace issue as well? The fuel pump DOES shut off after a second or two during key ON mode, but apparently keeps pushing fuel and the injectors keep opening even though the engine is not running.

Seems like a lot of fuel to me, but I don't know what these things do when you crank them enough without starting.

Any idears?

Thanks

Paul

Barneybronco

A9L rebuild

I have a 1970 Bronco with the 1998 explorer motor in it. Its basically a 5.0 there is nothing left of the explorer parts. I have a A9L computer that is not running and im confident that the computer is crap. Can you rebuild it for me.
The motor is all new with a trick flow intake, no emission, 24Lb injectors with a matching proM MAF sensor. Let me no please. Thanks EFI GUY !

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I have a 1970 Bronco with the 1998 explorer motor in it. Its basically a 5.0 there is nothing left of the explorer parts. I have a A9L computer that is not running and im confident that the computer is crap. Can you rebuild it for me.
The motor is all new with a trick flow intake, no emission, 24Lb injectors with a matching proM MAF sensor. Let me no please. Thanks EFI GUY !

Barneybronco, you should send this to EFI Guy, in a private message. I think he would see it a lot sooner.

Mark