• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pearl White Bronco's

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Close as I could find. Youre not thinking of painting yours are you?

Attachments

• 113-1308_IMG.jpg
    113-1308_IMG.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 174
OP
OP
ghost66

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Not the 74 but about 6 weeks ago I bought an uncut 66 that I want to paint Pearl White. Needs some other things done to it first since it is for my wife but this is where I'm headed with it.
1) Front disc brakes
2) Power brake booster
3) Power steering
4) Air conditioning
5) New stainless windshield frame with wipers on bottom
6) All new stock interior(already have the seats for this) but need a 66 dash pad
7) Hanson rear and front bumpers
8) Powdercoated frame
10) Pearl White Metallic paint
11) Bodywork: Whatever is needed keeping it uncut plus all new weather stripping and stainless hardware
The Green 66 is the one getting the makeover my blue 74 is finished as far as I'm concerned with exception that i may put my doors back on it.
12) 16" slots chrome classic look
13) Half Cab Top with cage
14) Basic Stereo System
15) Change to AOD
16) 23 gallon gas tank
17) Digital dash, grant steering wheel, and new column
18) Upgraded steering
19) Keeping the 200 motor that is in it or will change to an EFI

The Green 66 is the one getting a make over for my wife, the blue 74 is done as far as I'm concerned other than I may put the doors back on it.

Last edited:

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Not pearl, but white.

Attachments

• IMG_0247 [].JPG
    IMG_0247 [].JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0249 [].JPG
    IMG_0249 [].JPG
    135 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
ghost66

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Close as I could find. Youre not thinking of painting yours are you?

That is a beautiful Bronco, it looks like the grill insert is chrome. Is that painted or really chrome and how was it done? I also like the bumpers.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
That is a beautiful Bronco, it looks like the grill insert is chrome. Is that painted or really chrome and how was it done? I also like the bumpers.

I cant really tell you anything about it, just one I have in my computer.
I do love the grill though. Can you mask chrome like that or do you think it may be paint?

steven1826

chrome grill

I've seen the whole front grill chromed and then the grill was taped off and the surround painted to match the truck. Be hard to find anyone to do the chroming now but it isn't any wider than a bumper.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Keep me in mind on the upgrades.....;)

I'll get you taken care of.

Not the 74 but about 6 weeks ago I bought an uncut 66 that I want to paint Pearl White. Needs some other things done to it first since it is for my wife but this is where I'm headed with it.
1) Front disc brakes
2) Power brake booster
3) Power steering
4) Air conditioning
5) New stainless windshield frame with wipers on bottom
6) All new stock interior(already have the seats for this) but need a 66 dash pad
7) Hanson rear and front bumpers
8) Powdercoated frame
10) Pearl White Metallic paint
11) Bodywork: Whatever is needed keeping it uncut plus all new weather stripping and stainless hardware
The Green 66 is the one getting the makeover my blue 74 is finished as far as I'm concerned with exception that i may put my doors back on it.
12) 16" slots chrome classic look
13) Half Cab Top with cage
14) Basic Stereo System
15) Change to AOD
16) 23 gallon gas tank
17) Digital dash, grant steering wheel, and new column
18) Upgraded steering
19) Keeping the 200 motor that is in it or will change to an EFI

The Green 66 is the one getting a make over for my wife, the blue 74 is done as far as I'm concerned other than I may put the doors back on it.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Pearl white can look creamy, almost dirty at times - more like Parchment. What about a pure white with a metal flake? That would be pretty slick. Tito did a cool paint color on the rollcage and dash for his pink bronco - ck that out here (towards the bottom).

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pearl white can look creamy, almost dirty at times - more like Parchment. What about a pure white with a metal flake? That would be pretty slick. Tito did a cool paint color on the rollcage and dash for his pink bronco - ck that out here (towards the bottom).

I had a pearl white audi. Always looked dirty.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Here is some pearl whit sprayed on a Bronco for...........looks even better in person as the pictures does not do it any justice!!

Attachments

• 100_0527_B.jpg
    100_0527_B.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_0575.jpg
    100_0575.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 2982-2.jpg
    2982-2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
ghost66

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I cant really tell you anything about it, just one I have in my computer.
I do love the grill though. Can you mask chrome like that or do you think it may be paint?

I don't think that can be done, I think it looks like actual chrome though and wonder if he cut out the grill so it could be electroplated. Might be an interesting skill set to do that and have it work. I' not fond of the allover chrome grills they just don't look like they flow with the Bronco.

OP
OP
ghost66

ghost66

Bronco Guru

Yea, maybe I'm barking uo the wrong tree here I don't want it to look like the Pearl Escalades I see I really want it to be a bright white that reflects light blues, greens, and purples depending on how the ligh hits it. I had a buddy of mine years ago that had a Ford panel done like this and it was sweet. I'll go mess around with some powdercoating next week and see how close I can get to what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
ghost66

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Sbolejack, what you are talking about is the effect I'm looking for just I want it to reflect colors of water. I think were onnthe right track, thanks.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
To help you to get the effect your after I'll explain a bit about how a pearl paint job is painted. A pearl paint job is a base color which after it has flashed off a translucent color goes on that (mid coat). Usually 2-4 coats of mid-coat is used. Then it is followed by clear. Called a 3 stage paint job.

I'm not sure of an OEM color off the top of my head that will give you the effect your after. If you want blue, green, and purple to reflect you will need the paint jobber or bodyshop custom mix it. Ask them to use a blue, green, and red pearl in the mid coat. The red pearl might kill some of the green but it will reflect those pearls that are added. I'd try it without the red pearl. You will need them to write down the formula for future repairs.

Pearl paint jobs are expensive. The pearl toners are expensive and it is alot more labor intensive so don't be shocked at the price a shop gives you for a 3 stage paint job.

OP
OP
ghost66

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the info I'll print this out and discuss with the painter, I figured I would be spending a lot for this effect.