• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pearl White paint?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Along with my other thread I had talked about a Pearl White with Pearl White flares and chrome wheels. Does anyone have pics of this look? Color I am looking for is below.

Thanks,

Blue71

Attachments

• lexus_is_f_pearl_white_jalop_image007.jpg
    lexus_is_f_pearl_white_jalop_image007.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 25
  • user476_pic658_1229108110.jpg
    user476_pic658_1229108110.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 21

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is regshawn's, its a pearly metallic white I think. Looks good.

Attachments

• shawnpearl.jpg
    shawnpearl.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 63
  • shawnpearl2.jpg
    shawnpearl2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 65

ccbronco

Pearl is expensive. Material and labor wise. If you ever need to fix something it has to be blended more extensively.

jimmy18thing

It does look good

I just painted mine pearl within the last year... Looks amazing in the sunlight!! but as was said... If you have to do any body work down the line... Big problem blending it. As for the initial cost... I did mostly all the body work and priming.. Then a buddy of mine sprayed it for me... I think I payed around $400 for the paint job... Not too bad I think.

ccbronco

Lexus has a lot of different pearls available to look at. 046, 051, 062, 066 are all nice colors.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Do you plan on painting it your self?
A pearl like the one pictured is called a 3 stage, the paint code on the Lexus is probably 062 or 078 and the Nissan is probably QX1 . The first coat is usually a solid white. Then a translucent white pearl is applied on top of that. Usually 2-3 coats. Then the third stage is the clear, no color in it. Painting a 3 stage all over is "easy" since you are only really applying around 5 coats of paint. It's not nearly as hard as painting a candie color. The difficult part of 3 stage is if you have a repair and need to blend it. You can't take the paint to end of the adjacent panel, you have to keep your blend within the panel.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you plan on painting it your self?
A pearl like the one pictured is called a 3 stage, the paint code on the Lexus is probably 062 or 078 and the Nissan is probably QX1 . The first coat is usually a solid white. Then a translucent white pearl is applied on top of that. Usually 2-3 coats. Then the third stage is the clear, no color in it. Painting a 3 stage all over is "easy" since you are only really applying around 5 coats of paint. It's not nearly as hard as painting a candie color. The difficult part of 3 stage is if you have a repair and need to blend it. You can't take the paint to end of the adjacent panel, you have to keep your blend within the panel.

Thanks for the great info. My painter is doing the work I wouldn't even attempt it:) I did the metal work and he makes it all pretty. Thanks again,

Andy