• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

piano hinge source

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
So I placed my last order with JBG before I tore the 68 windshield apart, and the hinge is marginal at best. Can I get one at Home Depot, etc ?:? ?

Thanks in advance.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
malcolmzilla said:
So I placed my last order with JBG before I tore the 68 windshield apart, and the hinge is marginal at best. Can I get one at Home Depot, etc ?:? ?

Thanks in advance.

My guess is one from HD would not be no where near as heavy duty enough.

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
try McMaster Carr's website. Can get drilled, undrilled, light or heavy duty, and take credit cards and usually ships the same day..........

good luck
jeff

jaydub01

Loc.
Daytona Beach, FL
check the local scrap yards, ive got a good one near me where they sell EVERYTHING. Picked up a few hinges for all kinds of stuff, good stainless ones are available, theyre relativly cheap, but youve gotta scour through a yard

OP
OP
malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Thanks guys, I'll keep looking locally, I did come across the McMaster Carr site doing a google search, but no matter how small the order I get hit with $40 in brokerage fees with UPS on every order. %)