• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pic of steering stop

GMSALTY

Loc.
Maumee, Ohio
Anyone have a pic of the steerig stop that would be used on a 71 .. Put new tires on today and at full turn they will rub the radius arms.... I read there is stops but not sure where to look for them. Thanks

ENDLIFE

There just a couple of bolts and nuts (1/4 or 5/16) you can buy at the hardware store. I'll send you a picture if you need some clarification.

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
59850_378111028930197_676426579_n.jpg

little hard to see, but follow the handy dandy finger, thats where the stop is. its just a bolt into the axle housing that you back out as far as needed

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
10-4

Rember that the jam nut is probably welded and you need to get in there and cut or grind around the nut until it breakes free without alot of pressure on the bolt. Then id replace with a grade 8 nut and bolt.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since you have a '71, it could be a Dana 30 OR a Dana 44 front differential.
Just curious which one you have and, if an early '71, what your last VIN numbers are.
The one in Quickdrummer's pic is a 30. Are your outer knuckles the same as his, or slightly different? Can't see the diff cover, but that's the all-in-one answer, since there are "hybrid" 44's that came on some EB's with 44 centers and 30/king-pin outers.

We're kind of keeping track of these little tidbits of info. In fact, Viperwolf has a thread in Chat about this right now. Started with a question about transfer cases, then jumped to other stuff like axles.

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
G

GMSALTY

Loc.
Maumee, Ohio
I will compare mine to the pic tonight .... but last part of my vin is 2828 ...does that tell you anything ? my tag says Axle B9 .