• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Picked this up Yesterday

new to bronco

Loc.
Milton Fl
67 with half cab, some one put 300 6 in it carb sticks out of hood, all in ok shape, going to get it started today see how it runs has not been started in over ayear, sprayed some wd40 in plug holes let set will turn over now,if 6 cyl junk will pull 351 out of 74 with the 4 speed, will post update .

Attachments

• hilary and lacey_2194.jpg
    hilary and lacey_2194.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 151
  • hilary and lacey_2193.jpg
    hilary and lacey_2193.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 149
  • hilary and lacey_2191.jpg
    hilary and lacey_2191.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 147

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Hmm a cobbled 300 in Florida? Rev's first attempt?

Looks like a decent start, might need a little air on the right side...

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to see the ol girl get rescued, a little tlc and it will look great.
frenchy

OP
OP
new to bronco

new to bronco

Loc.
Milton Fl
Got the 6 cyl fired up seams to run great took about 2 hrs to get it where it starts with out pumping gas ,now just hit key fires right up, wash all the crap off it getting ready to get it in primer,still need to get floor shifter for 3 speed,get brakes working ,have to patch few small holes in floor, should be on road in few weeks.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the 6 cyl fired up seams to run great took about 2 hrs to get it where it starts with out pumping gas ,now just hit key fires right up, wash all the crap off it getting ready to get it in primer,still need to get floor shifter for 3 speed,get brakes working ,have to patch few small holes in floor, should be on road in few weeks.

Any pics of the 300?

Mono

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Hmm a cobbled 300 in Florida? Rev's first attempt?

HAHA,, NOT!

Add a body lift to clear the hood, Your going to love the 300 off road, Does it have a NP435? Wish you were closer.

Post up pics of the engine bay, and I will see if I can give you any pointers on lowering the 300.

OP
OP
new to bronco

new to bronco

Loc.
Milton Fl
Not planning on it, was going to if motor was junk,only problem carb comes out of hood about 4 inches most hood scoops that i like are only 2to 3 inches tall,thinking about taking egr plate off it not hooked up to anything that would drop carb about 2inches then factory bronco scoop would fit.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Not planning on it, was going to if motor was junk,only problem carb comes out of hood about 4 inches most hood scoops that i like are only 2to 3 inches tall,thinking about taking egr plate off it not hooked up to anything that would drop carb about 2inches then factory bronco scoop would fit.

If you need any help with it let me know, Might have to make time to help on another 300 Bronco.

OP
OP
new to bronco

new to bronco

Loc.
Milton Fl
Not big fan of body lifts, with taking egr off can get scoop to cover carb with no problem.has 3 speed in it now have t18 out of my 74 that i am going to end up parting out, so thinging about puting the 4 speed in.

OP
OP
new to bronco

new to bronco

Loc.
Milton Fl
Heres few pictures

Attachments

• hilary and lacey_2201.jpg
    hilary and lacey_2201.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 62
  • hilary and lacey_2203.jpg
    hilary and lacey_2203.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 35

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Is it a real U14 half-cab? What is the first three characters of the VIN?