• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Picked up a old 302 yesterday.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Beauty eh?

Air cleaner and everything. 77' gonna strip er down for what ever is useable. (pan,timing cover, pullies....) and pawn the block off in the swap sheet.

Last edited:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
How much was it, how did you come across it and what's up with your own motor rebuild or replacement.

And before you get rid of that block, keep this in mind.

Although I have not yet personally seen this, it's pretty famous around here. Out in the country near Bald Knob Arkansas (not far from where I live) there is a guy who used engine blocks to build a wall along both sides of his long driveway up to his house. He also built a wall from both sides of the entrance to the driveway along the side of the dirt road he lives off. He has engine block planters along the front of the home too and from what I hear this has all been very well done.

Anyway, just an idea and congratulations on your find :cool:

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
astark said:
Out in the country near Bald Knob Arkansas (not far from where I live) there is a guy who used engine blocks to build a wall along both sides of his long driveway up to his house. He also built a wall from both sides of the entrance to the driveway along the side of the dirt road he lives off. He has engine block planters along the front of the home too and from what I hear this has all been very well, :cool:

OMG, I would never get any lovin if I pulled that one.

OP
OP
J

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
astark said:
How much was it,

dirtcheap

how did you come across it

swapsheet

and what's up with your own motor rebuild or replacement.

I'm gonna do a new chain or timing gears and throw it all back together till I find a sutible 5.0 rollerblock local.

And before you get rid of that block, keep this in mind.

Although I have not yet personally seen this, it's pretty famous around here. Out in the country near Bald Knob Arkansas (not far from where I live) there is a guy who used engine blocks to build a wall along both sides of his long driveway up to his house. He also built a wall from both sides of the entrance to the driveway along the side of the dirt road he lives off. He has engine block planters along the front of the home too and from what I hear this has all been very well done.

I would be well done also if I even concidered doing something like that. ;) Not to mention that I too would be famous around here also. I dont think the locals are quite ready for Hillbilly/redneck landscaping just yet. ;)

Anyway, just an idea and congratulations on your find :cool:
;)

OP
OP
J

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
naaaa....none of this stuff would sell on e-bay would it? Im just gonna place the block in the local paper. The heads are worthless. The carb and intake I dont know.

OP
OP
J

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
ken75ranger said:
Jeepster, Are you going to use that alt. bracket?

Yes, I gonna use it. I was going to buy one but got lucky that this engine had one like I wanted.

sorry
Dan

OP
OP
J

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Bronco Ben said:
which material on the intake? aluminum or cast iron?
Bronco Ben

Origional cast I believe. Its heavy. It has the origional motorcraft carb also.

OP
OP
J

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
cjjhalfcab said:
That oil pan & dipstick should bring you something on e-bay.

Thats one of the reasons why I bought it. I wanted the pan,timing cover and what not for when I find a roller engine.

redneckrocky

Loc.
Austin, TX
The wonders of a good junkyard. It is even better when you are in a town and you are the only one with a bronco. I used to be able to go and get anything I needed, but in Austin it is a little harder.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Hang on to the 3 bolt damper and pullies. The water pump may be special too some of the 76-77 had a special water pump but i think that was only on smog pump motors. 75 and after heads have hardened seats to run unleaded gas. which are better than the early models where you have to spend 300 bucks to put in new seats if you care. The stock valve covers if the stickers are intact and saying 49 state federal smog are wanted here in CA. The electronic distributer is worth something.