• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PICS - Last Saturday Fun!

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
A new trail just opened up right outside town. It's pretty extreme, but fun if ya don't mind leaving paint behind and have a well built rig. :p Pics are at: this link.

A couple of teaser shots:

Flexin' ;D
IMG_6083_jpg.jpg

Looking up a fun section. The rock at the bottom is at least 36" tall, and it gets better from there. Yes, the trail is straight ahead! :eek:
IMG_6117_jpg.jpg

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
BTW, the tally for the day was:

7 rigs started the 1.2 mile trail; my EB, 2 UROC comp buggys, a new Rubicon, a built FJ40 and two Jeeps. Only 4 made it out the top; we had two broken axles, one ignition problem, one full roll and LOTS of body damage. I was one of the 4 who made it with no breakage. It took us 7 hours to go 1.2 miles. ;D Great way to spend a Saturday. ;) ;D

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
OldieTwoShoes said:
with a bit of bronco luck ;D, which others made it, my guess would be the buggies and fj :p

Nope... One of the buggies didn't make it :eek: and the FJ broke a front D60 shaft, so he didn't either, nor did one of the JPs. So, my EB, the new Rubi (with LOTS of body damage), one comp buggy and a JP YJ made it all the way.

Yes I am lucky, the trail is only 10 minutes from my house. ;D

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
GJBroncoMan said:
Nope... One of the buggies didn't make it :eek: and the FJ broke a front D60 shaft, so he didn't either, nor did one of the JPs. So, my EB, the new Rubi (with LOTS of body damage), one comp buggy and a JP YJ made it all the way.

oh well, i was 2 for 4 (you were my first guess) should of guessed a jeep since there were 3, but only 10 minutes from your house. im jealous :'(

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
GJBroncoMan said:

Where is it located relative to GJ?

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
red67 said:
Where is it located relative to GJ?

It's in the Bang's Canyon BLM area, which is just a couple of miles southwest of town. You can see the whole valley/town from the trailhead.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Looks bitchin. Its great to see new trails opening up. God knows we've lost a few already.

You guys have a nice collection of trails in that area now. Could make for a trip out there someday.

Dusty

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
jeff68 said:
Cool site, I enjoyed all the photos, and the rough looking trail!
what size tires are you running on your Bronco?

Jeff

They're 36x12.50-15 TSL/SXs.

Dusty, you're right. Right outside 'Junction we have 21 Rd and this new trail (Billings Canyon.) Less than 50 miles away we have the Montrose trails, including Die Trying :eek: . You could have nonstop carnage for a week out here. :p Come out anytime, we even have a guest room and lots of parking (along with a garage full of tools to fix things...) ;D

EDIT: Here's a pic of some of the custom body work from this VERY NARROW trail: (Good thing I do my own body/paint work!)
CARNAGE4-vi.jpg

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Very nice....That's my kind of a Sunday...err, Saturday drive;D

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
HotWheels said:
ouch...but earned, no?

Very well earned indeed! ;D Any time I can run a trail without breakage, when an FJ40 broke a D60 and a CJ broke a D44 AND rolled, it's a great day! ;) I've run that trail all the way three times in the last month and haven't broken anything, but I've seen a whole lot of other breakage.

I've heard that "Chicks dig body damage" but my wife saw it, shook her head and said, somewhat sarcastically, "why don't you just primer the whole thing?" :p %)