• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

pics needed**big tires,minimal lift**

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
OK guys, I need some pics of anyone running full width axles,3.5-4.5" suspension lift,body lift, also...with 38"tsl.

I have 4.5 WH rock crawler coils,3.5 BCB 11-leaf w/1" zero-rate,2 body lift...gonna cut fenders to body line w/warflares. Need to know if this will work. A friend has some new 38tsl's I really want...not sure if they will fit.

not looking for the guys with 5.5" lifts, really want something close to this lift I have...if anyone has this. Thanks for your help,Chuck

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Chuck - You shouldn't have any problems running 38's with 6" of lift, especially if you were already planning to do a little trimming.

Dale

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I don't have full width, but close to what you're looking at.. 4.5" suspension lift, & had 35" Interco SS's on it..

Might not help you any though.. %)

Attachments

• Bronco-8.jpg
    Bronco-8.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 87

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I've got 36" tsl's with 2 1/2" susp and 3" body - no front fender trimming needed. You shouldn't have a problem. Not the combo I'd recommend, but it'll work

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
here's the reason for the question and pics...This pic is with 35MT's. They tuck pretty well in the rear, but once I widen that axle...the tire is gonna eat that fender...especially w/38's;D
4x4_pics_253.jpg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
You could change out to stiff springs and coils that'll fix it;D j/k Nice flex man

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
No doubt brother.. Good luck w/that decision..:eek:

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
38's w/ 2" BL, no spring lift in rear, 3" spring lift in front.

Tall lifts suck.

I'm doing the Doodlebug on 36" Irok's with no suspension lift, and no body lift. It's gonna be LOW

Just be sure to build good skidplates, you'll need them.

Be prepared to re-do the fender wells, both front and rear. The 38's catch on both the leading and the trailing edge of them. You can hammer them out for a little while, but they've got to be modified for sure. Figure on removing the fronts altogether, extend the rear by grafting in a set from a donor, and cut the lip off from them, it will get you another inch of stuff.

Take your time, and set up your bumpstops at max flex.

I ran with no bumps for years, and it sounds awful when those lugs are clunking along.

Attachments

• Bronc flex (Medium).jpg
    Bronc flex (Medium).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
38's w/ 2" BL, no spring lift in rear, 3" spring lift in front.

Tall lifts suck.

I'm doing the Doodlebug on 36" Irok's with no suspension lift, and no body lift. It's gonna be LOW

Just be sure to build good skidplates, you'll need them.

Be prepared to re-do the fender wells, both front and rear. The 38's catch on both the leading and the trailing edge of them. You can hammer them out for a little while, but they've got to be modified for sure. Figure on removing the fronts altogether, extend the rear by grafting in a set from a donor, and cut the lip off from them, it will get you another inch of stuff.

Take your time, and set up your bumpstops at max flex.

I ran with no bumps for years, and it sounds awful when those lugs are clunking along.
Doodlebug....I like that;D Here's the buildEB full width's
4x4_pics_968.jpg

"Just be sure to build good skidplates, you'll need them." got that covered;D
my buddy also brought his plasma cutter over 'til the build is done, so no more inner fender skirts if they get in the way:cool:

bronco60-niner

Loc.
leavenworth,ks
i dont have fullsize axles in (yet) but here is a pic of mine with 38.5 SX's, 4.5" bc springs and 2" body lift:

DSC01292.jpg

broncopicture-1.jpg

I did re-do the rear wheel wells and make them bigger:

wheelwells1-1.jpg

wheelwellsdone2.jpg

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
i dont have fullsize axles in (yet) but here is a pic of mine with 38.5 SX's, 4.5" bc springs and 2" body lift:

DSC01292.jpg

broncopicture-1.jpg

I did re-do the rear wheel wells and make them bigger:

wheelwells1-1.jpg

wheelwellsdone2.jpg
That looks awesome, exactly what I'm looking for!!! Did those tires hit that bad that you had to cut the inner rear out?? I was hoping not to have to remove the wells:eek: Thanks again,Chuck

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
You may check with Dusty. He did a scale drawing of his 'MONGO' wheelwells that he had a local sheet metal shop bend up for him.

I scored a second set of wheelwells, I had a extra bed that was half rotten, and a buddy needed some parts off of it so we swapped.

The Doodlebug buildup is in my signature. It's my wife's rig.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I know you didn't want to see the 5.5" guys but here are a few of mine..
5.5 Tom's kit, 2" body with full width axles.. a pic or two of 36"'s and a few of the 39.5" Boggers..

Attachments

• Frontflex1.JPG
    Frontflex1.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 30
  • RearFlex1.JPG
    RearFlex1.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 12
  • BoggerRubbage3.JPG
    BoggerRubbage3.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 13
  • BoggerRubbage1.JPG
    BoggerRubbage1.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 27
  • BoggerCompared.JPG
    BoggerCompared.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 35
  • BoggerOnFront2.JPG
    BoggerOnFront2.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 59

bronco60-niner

Loc.
leavenworth,ks
That looks awesome, exactly what I'm looking for!!! Did those tires hit that bad that you had to cut the inner rear out?? I was hoping not to have to remove the wells:eek: Thanks again,Chuck

I went ahead and cut them out beforehand. The driver side would have hit because of the narrower well due to the metal protecting the fuel filler necks. The passenger side would have probably been ok.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
attachment.php

TX1Ton's rig, Cap'n Crunch - it's got 3.5" spring lift, no body lift on 38.5's

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
the tires are only 38x12.5...not real wide,should be ok. Still like more pics...pics are good,Chuck

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Not the Best pic, but I don't seem to take many pics wheeling anymore.
3.5 lift, 3 inch body, 42's
tires.jpg

Same setup, but with 44's, rubbed like crazy
hh44rocks.jpg

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
He had a feature article on his rig in Bronco Driver a year or so back. You may check some back issues.