• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of Hardtop hoist

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
Was thinking of buying a 800lb electric hoist w/remote from harbor freight to lift my hardtop off in the garage. ive done a search but cant find any pics of anyone using an electric winch. Does anyone use this method and id love to see some pics of how its set up.

thanks

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
sounds like over kill unless you have other plans what about one of those hand crank boat winches for trailers.

OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
hand crank boat winch may work. the electric hoist is only about $70 and its got a remote so its not really expensive. i was just looking for someone to post pics of an electric winch setup as ive seen most of the hand pulled setup pictures on here.

BM8645

Loc.
Dayton, TX
Hey mlaird, have you brought your bronco around Dayton yet?? Sure would like to take a peak at it. If you have access to an A/C duct lift, it works great, or if not, you can rent one. Is there a reason that you are taking it off???

OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
have not. should be getting the carb installed today and hopefully i can drive it down there soon. did u have any luck selling the orange ranger? Im looking for a permanent setup so i can take the top off and put it back on by myself

BM8645

Loc.
Dayton, TX
No, can't get what I need for it, so as soon as I get some other money issues straight, I am going to start a rebuild/replacement on them floor pans. Thanks for giving me the heads up to this site, gave me new hope.