• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Picture of AOD Art Carr Shifter Gates

tomanna

Can someone that has a working AOD with an Art Carr or Winters shifter take a picture from the top. I think I may have the wrong top plate and want to see the spacing from one that is hooked up and working.

email: tom.anna@cox.net

Thanks

OP
OP
T

tomanna

There is no difference in any of the spacing between the C4 and the AOD on the top plate between any of the gears?

Tom

OP
OP
T

tomanna

OK - so looking at the one we are trying to install on the AOD and the shifters I have for a C4 and a C6 there is a definate difference.

The C4 to C6 measurement from the bottom or Park to the top of Reverse is about 0.5" to 9/16".

When I measre the AOD shift plate I have I get 15/16" to 1".

This matches the issue that we are having with the transmission lever (we installed the new shift lever for an AOD Art Carr shifter). The transmission lever stops in part and the shifter itself is only half way to park. If the spacing was similar to the C4 or C6 it would line up.

Can someone send a picture of the top of their AOD shifter or take that measurement so I can compare? I suspect the shifter I got has the wrong top plate. I will aslo see if there is a part number on the plate I can look up.

Tom

Amac70

ME
i don't have mine at home or would take a picture for you but the one inch sounds about right. mine is definatly more then a half an inch from park to reverse. it is a much longer through then the rest of the shifts. mines a winters on an 4r70w but it should be the same for the aod. I will measure tomorrow when i go work on it.

Amac70

ME
the part number for the aode is 3286 for the stock gate 3287 for the lock out gate. i would think the standard aod would be the same.