• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pix from 2N17X & Pilot Rock (CA)

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Hi folks,

The So Cal Broncos Brotherhood hit the trails on Saturday followed by a BBQ at one of the fellas' house. The trail was Forest Road 2N17X near Silverwood Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains. I put up some words and pix on my site, here's the link:

http://www.dustyland.net/scbkeckbash03/index.html

Enjoy,

Dusty

tonto

Bronco Guru
Looks like alot of fun, can't wait for the Calico run, lets pre-run Calico Dusty ;D
Later, Francois.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
[quote author=tonto link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=0#msg166673 date=1062459896]
Looks like alot of fun, can't wait for the Calico run, lets pre-run Calico Dusty ;D
Later, Francois.
[/quote]

Francois I was hoping you'd show up for the Keck Bash. Where were you? Listen we're gonna head up to Big Bear one last time for the summer. Prolly in about 2 weeks. You up for that? Gonna do Heartbreak Ridge/Pontiac Sluice and maybe try John Bull at night. Stay in a cabin or something. We'll be discussing it over on the So Cal list. Later,

Dusty

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
[quote author=TOMKLU link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=0#msg166903 date=1062529951]
Dusty, I like the pictures you take, and the articles. Maybe next year I'll have to go on a run or two.
[/quote]

Well of course you're always welcome! As is anyone else. I've often wondered why more of the classicbroncos.com folks I see with So Cal cities in their profiles don't come out on the runs with us. We don't bite!

Thanks for the compliments,

Dusty

broncnut

[quote author=Dusty link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=0#msg166980 date=1062549927]
[quote author=TOMKLU link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=0#msg166903 date=1062529951]
Dusty, I like the pictures you take, and the articles. Maybe next year I'll have to go on a run or two.
[/quote]

Well of course you're always welcome! As is anyone else. I've often wondered why more of the classicbroncos.com folks I see with So Cal cities in their profiles don't come out on the runs with us. We don't bite!

Thanks for the compliments,

Dusty
[/quote]

Haha, much.......I met a few of the classic bronco dudes at the san diego get together and wondered the same thing...

Terry Moistner
Fallbrook, Ca

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
My impression was that you guys, and ladies, do runs that are more difficult than I care to try. I will pass on the medium runs if there's a chance of rubbing the body on a rock.
Also, I don't have lockers front or rear.
Ya, I know, I'm a sissy and make little girl sounds when a tire is in the air and it's off camber. But I'm comfortable with my sissy-side.
If I'm wrong and the trails have bypasses that I could use let me know.
Thanks
Tom

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
[quote author=TOMKLU link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=0#msg167151 date=1062615633]
My impression was that you guys, and ladies, do runs that are more difficult than I care to try.[/quote]

I think people get that impression because we tend to post the "killer" pics and not the boring ones! But we're not really slanted toward the extreme stuff, as a group. Some of us like the harder challenges, some prefer to watch and/or go around. But our runs usually have varied enough terrain to accomodate all.

Dusty

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
[quote author=TOMKLU link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=0#msg167151 date=1062615633]
My impression was that you guys, and ladies, do runs that are more difficult than I care to try. I will pass on the medium runs if there's a chance of rubbing the body on a rock.
Also, I don't have lockers front or rear.
Ya, I know, I'm a sissy and make little girl sounds when a tire is in the air and it's off camber. But I'm comfortable with my sissy-side.
If I'm wrong and the trails have bypasses that I could use let me know.
Thanks
Tom
[/quote]Girlyman..... ;D

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
Girly-man! From the guy that got lost going around Christmas Tree Circle in Borrego Springs.
Thanks Dusty and Dan.
Keep that bear on a leash!

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Excellent website Dusty... Geat location, nice weather, and beautiful pics. I definately missed out on that run...

I did see myself in a shot on the Big Bear Snow Run though ;D.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
[quote author=TOMKLU link=board=5;threadid=21647;start=15#msg167373 date=1062683043]
Girly-man! From the guy that got lost going around Christmas Tree Circle in Borrego Springs.
Thanks Dusty and Dan.
Keep that bear on a leash!
[/quote]If you'll recall I was doing an "equipment" recovery........ :-* ;D I did this trail with Chuck and a few other customers on a shake down run for a bronco that got an Atlas and ZF(I think?) It was a nice fun trail with bypasses so it was good for any level experience or equipment.