• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

plastic air box on the passenger side cowl

hose101

Contributor
Looking for ideas on what to do in this area. I am not planning on running a top. So after looking at this plastic box (mine is in crap shape) I was thinking there was no real reason to have one. what could i do in this area or how can I prevent this area from rotting out in the future?. I know heat might be good but I dont have or plan on having any of the vent controls. So has anyone been down this road before?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
you could modify that corner in whatever way you want to.

Attachments

• DSCF0853.JPG
    DSCF0853.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF0855.JPG
    DSCF0855.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 92

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I was thinking of replacing mine with a sheet metal built box and a fan to pull out engine heat.....

NJfourwheeler

Loc.
New Jersey
I was considering using an airbox from a Fox body mustang or something similar inline with a snorkel there so I could run a flat filter instead of a cone. Anyone ever do this?

jdcone

Loc.
riverside, ca
Somebody makes a replacement part for this. It then can be used for tool and/or parts storage. BC? LMC? Tom's? One of the places listed as a contributer here. You just remove the old box and drop in the new one. Nobody would even know it's there.

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
73 stallion, I like your idea of a battery relocation. Thanks for the input everyone.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Bill,
Remove the sloping part of the cowl and fab a piece of sheet metal all the way across just like the drivers side. This will give you more room under the dash area for your AC system that you're going to install.
We're in Hawaii, You're going to want your AC, right? even with the top off....%) :cool:

madgyver

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Bill,
Remove the sloping part of the cowl and fab a piece of sheet metal all the way across just like the drivers side. This will give you more room under the dash area for your AC system that you're going to install.
We're in Hawaii, You're going to want your AC, right? even with the top off....%) :cool:

madgyver

That's what I did to make more room for the AC I will be putting in soon.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I fabbed an aluminum duct box that just routes the air stright out through that hole in the inner fnder panel..and mounted my 9" Derale stacked-plate oil cooler directly over the hole in the cowl.