• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Playing in the snow in wNC

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am sure some of our ne, nw. and western readers will laugh at this but we got about a foot of snow here in the mtns of wNC. Big deal for around here. Some places reported 18-24 in the mountains close to the TN border. Anyway got the rigs out to play this am and my buddy's comment-"Krawlers suck in the snow", was confirmed. In defense of the truggy, I was asking it to cut through the full snow uphill in a pasture :) After getting tired of it spinning and fighting it, I put it back in the garage and got out the eb with 40"MTRs-pleasant change-I was impressed. Even took a run beside the ruts the ranger had made. I had forgotten how fun it was to mash on the 392 compared to the stock 5.0 in the ranger I have been driving a lot this fall/winter....... Attached a few pics of old faithful in the snow-realized I did not have any good snow pics of it, so we took some. The little head in the last one is my wife-she is actually 5.9-I asked her why she was slumped down-said she was freezing and leaning over to the accufab heater. I think she likes to drive the eb better than the ranger-imagine that :) Had to put one shot of the green machine as well-cleared many neighbor's driveways out in the past two days. Amazing how many folks just "have to get out"................

Attachments

• IMG_4178_1_3_1.jpg
    IMG_4178_1_3_1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4190_1_4_1.jpg
    IMG_4190_1_4_1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4193_1_2_1.jpg
    IMG_4193_1_2_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4195_1_1.jpg
    IMG_4195_1_1.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 176

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Ah kb, I knew you didn't buy that 4x4 JD just to mow grasss!!! You've been praying for a snow like that!!!

"White Stretch" looks good in the snow, tell Sweetpea she has pretty eyes!!!;D ;D

Merry Christmas!!!!

D ROCK

My cousin drives a bobtail through Hickory and said there was about 10 inches when he came through and it was trying fishtail on him. With Christmas and rain the last couple of days peoples driving skills have gone out the window... Can't imagine in the snow.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
We haven't gotten any snow in the PNW in a month. Aparently you took it all! Air down to about 4 psi and you'll go anywhere you you point it. Great pics. Now give us our snow back!

Nightmare Bronc

Wow whats all the white stuff? We don't see much of that here in La. Nice pics thanks for posting so we remember what it looks like. Great looking Bronco too.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice pics, Karl. I am kind of surprised that the Krawlers are that bad in the snow - big lugs and all?

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice pics, Karl. I am kind of surprised that the Krawlers are that bad in the snow - big lugs and all?

Yes, me to- the next time you are shooting the bull with Lou, ask him about his Paragon snow run with Krawlers on his buggy a few years back :)
Hope you and family are well

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
We had 26" here in Crozet this weekend. Ended up plowing driveways in my neighborhood today with my already sold ATV.:cool: I guess my step dad will get it eventually.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Karl, Looks like yall got more than us. Did a little playin myself with the 7" we got. Looks like you had fun.

Take care,

Andy
Blue71

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Nice pics Karl, nothing makes a pretty Christmas picture like a flamed EB in the snow.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That is a nice garage. Man I'm itching all over.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
24in here along the Jersey Shore. While Bax is itching all over (you might want to go get that checked out :)), I'm just itching to getting my bronco done to drive it. Had my lifted Superduty out though. It was fun watching the people in beemers look in awe when I was going through 3ft drifts.