• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pony interior in a Bronco???

cw

Just purchased a 67 Bronco, It has a pony interior, Was wondering if this was a certain trim option? i.e. roadster, ranger, etc??? Thanks.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
That would be my guess too. I've never heard of the pony interior being put in anything other than a Mustang (at least from the factory)

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
If I was ever to install stock buckets, I would definitely get the pony uphosltery. Even though it was never an EB option.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I don't think Pony seats were factory on EB's but I have seen them before at FFF and I thought it was pretty clever who ever did that to a bronco, and I like the look.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
I did hear of a '66 or '67 one time that the guy swore came w/ a pony interior, it was totally all original & never had anything done to it, so, who knows?? Maybe back then a fellow could request things such as that??

TMC

Loc.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
I have a 67 too. I just had the seat redone to factory. They are identical to a 67 mustang. The seams run side to side not up and down. The vynil is called basket weave. It's stock for the 67, same as mustang. Also, the arm rest is from the mustang. One side was shot. I found a red one from a mustang and painted it with vinyl paint. I came out perfet. If I recall, Ford had a Bronco add the said "The next Pony".

You are correct!

Paul

TMC

Loc.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Also... I have an original brochure for 1967. The interior pics look identical to mine. Many times Ford used overstocks on other vehicles. 67 Bronco may have benefited.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The only problem with that train of thought is that you couldn't get a "pony" interior in a '67 Mustang either. What is known as the pony interior in Mustangs was only available in '65 & '66. The true name for it is the deluxe interior, and the deluxe interior in '67 and '68 Mustangs differed from that of their '65 and '66 counterparts.

OP
OP
C

cw

[quote author=TMC link=board=5;threadid=19417;start=0#msg149259 date=1057024144]
I have a 67 too. I just had the seat redone to factory. They are identical to a 67 mustang. The seams run side to side not up and down. The vynil is called basket weave. It's stock for the 67, same as mustang. Also, the arm rest is from the mustang. One side was shot. I found a red one from a mustang and painted it with vinyl paint. I came out perfet. If I recall, Ford had a Bronco add the said "The next Pony".

You are correct!

Paul
[/quote]

Mine also runs across the back of the seat. Unfortunatly, I only have the rear seat with this interior. Is this interior still available? As I would like to pick up some front seats and have the same done to them. Thanks.