• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

por 15 or rust bullet

1973 Houston

Loc.
Houston
im doing a disc brake upgrade and was wanting to also paint the underbody whlie i was under there..... what do you guys sudjest por 15 or the rust bullet?
thanks
Rveazey

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I did por 15, holds up well. One thing i don't like is the shiny finish. Maybe i left out a step though.

They make a satin finish too, found out the hard way when I bought another can and touched up some areas on my frame. May be a little harder to find but it's out there.

OP
OP
1973 Houston

1973 Houston

Loc.
Houston
They make a satin finish too, found out the hard way when I bought another can and touched up some areas on my frame. May be a little harder to find but it's out there.

how is por 15 working out for you..... do you think it would be a problem putting por 15 in a spray gun for my body is still on my frame and not ready to do a frame off. :)

Bucky66

I had chassis saver for inside my doors. Dries hard and think it comes in a couple diff finishes.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I will not use POR again.

On the cheap, Rustoleum or tractor supply paint. Best is epoxy.

So you're down on the POR-15 (back to back post not liking it).....care to tell us why? I've used it a few times with good results(Bronco and 69 Mach 1). Not calling you out just want to know so I can be an informed bronco Bro......I'm all about a better way.... :)

Tim

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
I've used POR15 to treat the inside of motorcycle gas tanks before. I know not quite the same but... Some people really like the stuff and many people report issues with it peeling or whatever. The key to using it is to do proper prep work and make sure the area is as clean as possible and no grease, oil or fuel on the surface. Take your time and doing it right the first time and you should be happy with the results.

Skeeeter
edit fer spelin'