• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POs suck: Red Pill or Blue pill... down the rabbit hole

fwilder

Roofing tar in floorpans.....good luck gettin that shit out!
QUOTE]

I feel your pain on that one. I've been scraping, using Acitone, heat, etc, etc on tar for the last year. It was such a bummer job that I would work on it, get pissed and ignor it for a week or two. I finally got the pans fixed (with new steel and a welder, imagine that), herculiner sprayed, etc.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I call my 71's PO "Fiberglass USA." Anyplace that was rusting was (poorly) covered with fiberglass and when water got behind it, guess what happened?

The electrical is spliced all to hell. Speakers were spliced into brake lights and who knows what all else.

Let's see, what else? It had a plastic gas tank that went to who knows what kind of vehicle in it when I bought, leading to my infamous gas tank fall out. To his credit (and I don't give him much) he knew it was a bunk idea and gave me a stock gas tank.

Hmmm, there's more but I'll leave it at that for now. My 66, on the other hand, was in great shape. Its PO was a mechanic, not to mention a good friend. He gave me a helluva deal and I can't thank him enough for the care he gave the engine.

P.S. I think stop signs sound like fun too. Especially for a trail rig.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Blue Pill all the way.....................%)

That is awesome. Is there a Trojan on the other side? If you are making those you should be rich. Market them in golf pro shops.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
babygirl do tell us the gas tank story again...please! Its just too damn funny!

Broncology

Well, i recently found a rust area a little larger than a baseball behind the drivers seat that the PO covered up with what looked like a flat section piece of a gutter from a house. He then smoothed it out by a ton of bond around the seams and a heavy layer of bed-liner. Sounds like a good plan.....:p I wish I had noticed this before. %)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
"Twinkle Toes"(4x4babygirl) this "Buttercup" stuff has got to stop! Givin me a strange complex that doesnt fit in any way!

mike66

Loc.
vancouver
When I removed the carpet from my 66 I foud tht the po had installed some nice tar to the rusted out floor pan on both sides.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
My PO, had good intentions... well most of the time. He put in a new engine, but didn't know how to set the dizzy. He put in a D44, but it had 3.50 gears and he put in an F100 rear axle, but it had 3.73 gears.

He put in power steering, but its a scout box with the pitman arm on the front.
He also decided he wanted to merge the fiberglass flares into the body, so it had like 20 lbs of bondo on the body, and he wasn't good as sanding it smooth. I spent a long time trying to get that crap off.
Tom

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Mine had license plates holding my floor pans in and covering the lower half of the hinge post.

Attachments

• DSCN0927.jpg
    DSCN0927.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0928.jpg
    DSCN0928.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0929.jpg
    DSCN0929.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 14