• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible BC 24 gallon tank mass buy!?! (was Help me decide on rear tank.)

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am now listing the names of interested parties here:
1. airman (tank, skid plate, hoses)
2. tgure
3. awol_today
4. crawln68
5. broncnut
6. ET
7. Grover
8. Merlin76
9. go fast crack pipe
10. AZmike

Origional post below:

I'm thinking about changing my dirty stock rear tank. Does anyone have any recommendations? At this point I am leaning towards Chucks tank with skid plate. I have no body lift but I might one day.

Does anyone have a picture of a 23-24 gallon rear tank installed that shows ground clearance?

Jeff in AZ

Last edited:

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Chucks

I vote chucks hands down. I just sold my old style 23 Gal and installed chucks tank. I ams very happy with it. Easy install, tucks up nicely out of the way. The fuel line is in a better place than the others out there. Oh yeah the sending unit reads dead on. my old tank would read empty and i would still have 9 Gal of gas in it. Found that out the hard way when i took it out :eek:
I think his is powder coated as well and the others are painted. Install was simple and easy as well. The one thing i like is it eliminates the j hooks like the old tank had so i was able to route my exhaust directly below the frame all the way out. I would definately say go with chucks

Attachments

• exit1.jpg
    exit1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Exit2.jpg
    Exit2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 157

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
TJK74 said:
I vote chucks hands down. I just sold my old style 23 Gal and installed chucks tank. I ams very happy with it. Easy install, tucks up nicely out of the way. The fuel line is in a better place than the others out there. Oh yeah the sending unit reads dead on. my old tank would read empty and i would still have 9 Gal of gas in it. Found that out the hard way when i took it out :eek:
I think his is powder coated as well and the others are painted. Install was simple and easy as well. The one thing i like is it eliminates the j hooks like the old tank had so i was able to route my exhaust directly below the frame all the way out. I would definately say go with chucks

Off topic but who did your exhaust or did you do it yourself?

Im running chucks tank as well and install was easy, other then i bought some more washers and lock washers from the hardware store for the mounting system just to be on the safe side.

awol_today

Contributor
Should we see about a metro-phoenix mini-mass-buy? I was just looking and had decided on chuck's too.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Go with Chucks!

If you look in the bed of the Monkey Mobile, you will see his tank waiting there for me to install it!

MnkyBiz

Attachments

• Slide1[1].JPG
    Slide1[1].JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 128

crawln68

Bronco Guru
awol_today said:
Should we see about a metro-phoenix mini-mass-buy? I was just looking and had decided on chuck's too.

Maybe someone should call Chuck to see about a real Mass Buy? %) I bet we could round up ten guys easy. Sound like we have 4 or 5 right now.

broncnut

I am in need of a rear tank also. I'm in on a mass buy for Chucks.. ;D

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would be in for a mass buy on chucks tank. I like it because it does not use straps to mount the tank.

Eugene

OP
OP
airman

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
awol_today said:

I'm in for that. I have regualr shipping and receiving and would be happy to deceive and then drive around delivering and meeting guys to save on shipping. I doubt these go UPS. A mass buy price would be cool too. I have a big enough yard at work we could do a mass install too! I'm wanting to make a move in the next couple of months. I am changing fuel filters every 500 miles if I use the rear tank.

Does that mean so far we have 3 (me, Tgure, and awol_today) in Phoenix interested.

Lets see what happens. Anyone else interested in skid plates?

Jeff in AZ

OP
OP
airman

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MnkyBiz said:
Go with Chucks!

If you look in the bed of the Monkey Mobile, you will see his tank waiting there for me to install it!

MnkyBiz

origianal:
The money mobile sure is looking good!

Correction:
The monkey mobile sure is looking good! (The money was a mistake but I'm sure it hits the mark! ;D
Jeff in AZ

Last edited:

crawln68

Bronco Guru
airman said:
I'm in for that. I have regualr shipping and receiving and would be happy to deceive and then drive around delivering and meeting guys to save on shipping. I doubt these go UPS. A mass buy price would be cool too. I have a big enough yard at work we could do a mass install too! I'm wanting to make a move in the next couple of months. I am changing fuel filters every 500 miles if I use the rear tank.

Does that mean so far we have 3 (me, Tgure, and awol_today) in Phoenix interested.

Jeff in AZ

Well I'm not in Phoenix :( , but I would be in for a tank, skid plate, filter/accumulator, low pressure pump and high pressure pump. ;D

OP
OP
airman

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mass buy candidates:

airman
tgure
awol_today
crawln68
broncnut
ET
Grover
Merlin76

Not bad for about an hour. I'll move the names to the top post if we get 10. I hope chuck is watching.

Jeff in AZ

Last edited:

awol_today

Contributor
airman said:

Maybe we can con Chuck into a personal delivery at the stampede ;)

airman said:

How many does Tgure need? He might have snuck another sweet deal bronco out from underneath us ;)

airman said:
for sure! I'm pretty good at denting them...

What are you running for an aux tank? I was eyeing JBG's 11 gal plastic - the 12 gal metal one is just TOO expensive.

Merlin76

Make sure to post if there is a Mass Buy. I would definately be in for tank and skidplate....