• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possibly earliest 66 u13 I just picked up

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
The only damage besides floor boards I see. Some bondo hiding there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
now time to start tracking down the fun parts to find like rear view mirror, fender mount mirrors and 66 only seats etc

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
and on another note i'm made a revelation. since i now have the start of two good broncos i can go both directions. the super early production bronco is now getting a factory restoration with the correct d30 with wierd looking brass fitting fill plug dana 30, drum brakes and manual steering, rust free budd body etc like it should. only thing that won't be original will be the motor which will be a 200 (since i have it and the 170 numbers matching is long gone) and the new metal to make it uncut again.

with all the left over parts i will be building the bronco i originally wanted. 5.8 with over drive automatic. d44 with discs, power steering. maybe even ac and a mild lift with probably the 32's i have

I feel like this is the best for both broncos and it keeps the second one from getting parted and being dead forever. now to try and find the time to get more work done.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really no numbers matching motors on broncos other than correct year of manufacture.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Really no numbers matching motors on broncos other than correct year of manufacture.
If you really wanted to dig you could verify the casting date on the block was prior to the Bronco build date.

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
hmm. i figured it was like most cars and the blocks were stamped to match the vin. good to know. well since i have the 200 i'll make everything else factory and eventually track down a correct motor. right now with two broncos my cj5 crawler and the 49 willys the shop is quite full. don't want have an engine to move in a year when i buy a house. dang landlord doesn't want to sell

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
looks like i have found an ok but fixable grill and core support and glove box door. still looking for other parts.