• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Post your Diamond Green Bronco Pics

wsager

Looking for a few pics of Broncos painted Diamond Green (code R). Trying to decide on a color. Thanks!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have not heard of that one.
Is it the eb light green that was not boxwood, mallard, or lime stone?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't remember that one either. Was it offered for a limited number of years?
What year is your Bronco?

Did you check out the "show me your greens" thread, or whatever it's called? Or the "master color list" thread?
I'll see if I can find them and look for Diamond.

Paul

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I checked on the color and it seems to have only been offered in '73 on the Ford Truck PPG samples. It's a light green, but seemed like the color code doesn't show up as "R", but instead "EB" is this the original color of your Bronco? What year is it if so?

Blue71

Attachments

• IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 120

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
If you look at the legend for the paint chips thrre is an asterisk. That means it is a ford courier color. But back in the day you coukd just About order any color you wanted if the dealer wanted to do the paperwork. So if yours is in fact an eb code diamond green then it would be a rare color option

OP
OP
W

wsager

Diamond Green, Paint Code R, PPG 43717

Thanks for all your feedback. The information I found said it was a 1968 and 69 color for Ford trucks. I think I linked the thread above with a picture.

My truck is a 1973 which was originally Bahama Blue. My dad bought a fiberglass tub for it in the 80's due to Michigan rot, and totally dissembled it, then due to working on all of our other cars never got to finishing it. Now his health prevents him, so I'm going to attempt to take over the project. Since it is far from original, I'm not planning on keeping it blue. Like the earthy greens, Boxwood, Scandia (Med Green), Mill Valley. I'm kind of preferring the non-metallics right now. Anyway, the Diamond Green appears to be a light gray with a hint of green (non-metallic). Hard to tell from the one picture I've seen though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wsager

I checked on the color and it seems to have only been offered in '73 on the Ford Truck PPG samples. It's a light green, but seemed like the color code doesn't show up as "R", but instead "EB" is this the original color of your Bronco? What year is it if so?

Blue71

Well, from the PPG codes, this appears to be a different color than the 68-69 color. It appears to be a bit more green, which I like, so thanks for sharing the color card. I hadn't noticed it in the past when I looked at the 73 colors.

Ford Courier - only saw one of those that I can remember.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a great EB color! I've seen just a few, but not as many as the other colors.
My fave is still Boxwood, but Diamond is still great. Looks almost like a very pale Boxwood.

I also love metallics, but on EB's I'm mostly a smooth pastel-ish, earthtone-ish non metallic kind of guy.

Bahama and Grabber Blue are some wicked EB colors too, but lots of them out there. Likin' the greens for sure.
Good luck on the choice!

Paul

OP
OP
W

wsager

Thanks Paul! Probably just have to get a small amount and spray a test panel. I do like blue, hmmm, maybe Bronco #2. One can dream, right?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Bronco in the pic above looks more tan to me rather than Diamond Green. Cool color Bronco though. Diamond looks like a pale yellow with a hint of green to me. I also looked up 67-68 Diamond Green on Ford cars and it looks the same as the 73 Truck PPG color. Below are some pics.....

Blue71

Attachments

• IMG_2357.JPG
    IMG_2357.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 50

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another pic...

Attachments

• IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2365.JPG