• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN Power Distribution Centers/Aux Fuse Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmgarage22

Building custom power distribution centers and auxiliary fuse block panels.

Do you want to add extra items like running lights, rock lights, seat heater controls, power ports, charging ports, etc., but don't want to "break in" to your new harness? Or, is your old harness still "doing its job" with "running" your Bronco, but you don't trust it enough to start splicing into it? Then, a Power Distribution Center or an Auxiliary Fuse Panel may be all you need!

These are designed to supplement your existing wiring systems, and are standalone units. In other words, you don't have to break into your current wiring harness to use them. The system only requires three wires to hook up:
1) Red cable goes directly to your 12V+ (battery terminal)
2) Black cable goes to clean chassis ground (direct to frame preferred)
3) White wire goe to the center pole on your ignition switch ("ACC" position on switch)

It is "ON with Key 'ON' and OFF with Key 'OFF'". I can build them "All Hot" with a master shut off, as well.

I have included pics of a specific type that I build using the James Duff "Techie" Console (James Duff PN 4785). The PDC hides in the bottom "drawer" of the Techie console (you do "lose" the use of the drawer, but not the remainder of the console). Once installed, you can't even see it with the lid open and have full use of the console. Yet, it also contains spare replays and fuses...all hidden neatly out of the way.

Additional pics are examples of other custom units that I have built or of examples of what could be built.

Prices start at $150 for basic units. The Techie console build pictured is $750, including the new console and switches.

Other units and build designs can vary. Full "marined" units start at $400.

PM with any questions or to let me know what you might be interested in. Lead times vary. Right now, a new build might take 4-6 weeks, depending upon your needs.

Attachments

• PDC in console 4.jpg
    PDC in console 4.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 220
  • PDC Lit up 2.jpg
    PDC Lit up 2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Techie Console.jpg
    Techie Console.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Finished console.jpg
    Finished console.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 178
  • PDC Board.jpg
    PDC Board.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 220
  • RGR PDC Layout.jpg
    RGR PDC Layout.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 197
  • PDC Panel.jpg
    PDC Panel.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 207
  • PDC in console 3.jpg
    PDC in console 3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 186
OP
OP
rpmgarage22

rpmgarage22

Just an update...

Thank you to those showing recent interest. I will be emailing your quotes later today or tomorrow.

However, FYI for anyone interested, there have been two recent price increases for the Techie console.

The console, itself, is now roughly $320 (up from only $245 this time, last year).

I was able to hold my "base" price for the last three because I bought them at the old price.

An example of the impact, using the pictured console for reference? The price was $750.00, complete. The new price will be $825 +, depending upon any other options you choose.

This is still one of the best consoles that I have worked with. But, I am looking into other options.

Thank you for following!

Status
Not open for further replies.