• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

power steering pulley squeeling-what is best way to go for ps pump w hydroboost

Thwak

Loc.
Clear Lake, TEXAS
my ps pump is squeeling at 50 mph or during acceleration while turning at slow speed. belts are new. when i bought bronco (about a month ago) it came with hydro boost stuff from astro van. not installed yet but gonna do it. what is fix for pulley squeel. if i need a new ps pump what is best way to go. efi 5.0 with 33's currently. will go to 35's when tires wear out. also what is involved in serpentine belt retrofit/swap. is that the way to go.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
may sound obvious - any leaks or low fluid issues? As far as pumps - saginaw "canned ham" with dual returns - you can use a single return, but if you could have either - go for the dual.

dunno much on the serp. set up other than I've heard not all work without mods - explorer version seems to be preferred - most compact and without interferrence issues.

Dan76

I just got a saginaw pump for christmas so I will be installing it this weekend. I was having the same problems as you, im running 35s I cant turn them if im not moving and it just squeels, and squeels around turns to! I will let you know how it works out but im using the stock V belt setup. You can also buy a saginaw pump with dual returns like previously mentioned. Ill let you know how it works!

OP
OP
Thwak

Thwak

Loc.
Clear Lake, TEXAS
mine starts to squeel at the higher rpm. but sitting still i can turn 33's easy. oh yea and no leaks with the fluid at the right level also.