• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering pump options

73 bronco 347

I have a 73 bronco with a fuel injected 347. I can not seem to find a ps pump that will work with this set up. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Which fuel injection?
Or more to the point which engine front dress?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The 94 and 95 Mustangs had a very compact setup similar to the Explorer. Have you tried a pump for that model Mustang? If the serpentine system is installed you should have all the brackets for the pump ready to go.

We have adapter brackets to fit a Delphi/Saginaw pump to the earlier Mustang setups, but not the '94 unfortunately.
What size tires are you running? Maybe the stock type pump will be good enough.

Paul

OP
OP

73 bronco 347

I am running 35s do you think stock pump would work? And another issue is I can't find a hose to go from stock bronco gear box to mustang pump

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I am running 35s do you think stock pump would work? And another issue is I can't find a hose to go from stock bronco gear box to mustang pump

I would give 35's a shot. You can get a smaller diameter pulley for the pump. You'll need to have a hose made at your local hydraulic shop, or as our friend suggests you can make your own....BUT....not all hose and not all AN fittings are created equal.
Use Stainless steel fittings and high pressure hose. Aeroquip has the stuff you need.

OP
OP

73 bronco 347

I have looked all over to find a place to make one. So does anyone know of a place to have one make in northern Arizona sounds like that may be my only option

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
should be able to search for hydraulic hose place. take what ever fittings you have and they will be able to make the hoses.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some shops will actually take as stock hose end for the pump and stock end for the gearbox and marry them on a new hose for you. Looks stock and should work well as long as you have them build it either to your specifications or let them do it on the truck once things are fully installed.
Otherwise they might make it too long, too short, too crooked or too expensive! But many do it that way.

Personally I like the make-yer-own method. Especially with non-stock pump locations. Is your pump using a remote reservoir, or does it look like a normal traditional Ford pump with the filler neck and reservoir right on the pump?

I like using this type of kit, like we sell: http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/broncohydraulicsteeringparts with the reusable ends and common hydraulic pressure hose.
You only need to add the AN adapters to the box and pump and you're done. And you can fix it, modify it, or redesign it completely with this stuff and not have to find another shops somewhere.
I've done several that way on Explorer setups, but would have to see your '94 setup again, since it's been so long since I looked at one.

Got pics of it for us? We've talked about it a lot but not seen many posted up.
If so, that would be great.

Thanks

Paul

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
on mine 93 mustang front dress, pretty sure my pump is stock/style for the bronco. when I blew my line from the box (4x4x2) same fittings as my stock bronco was. I used a hose for a 84 bronco, thinking was for the six cylinder. I know one was correct with close the right bends.
you can email me pics at Kenneth.ramsey14@gmail.com

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
here you go, same exact pump as mine

Attachments

• power pump 1.jpg
    power pump 1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 50