• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering pump squealing? Need help..

SickWhips

Contributor
i have a 75 Bronco Ranger with 4" lift and 33x12.5 tires.. When i turn the steering wheel the power steering pump makes crazy annoying noises.. what can i do to stop this?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Sounds like low/bad fluid or the pump is dying. Could be wrong pully on the pump turning it too slow/fast maybe?

Did this just start? When does it make these sounds?

I run 32's with 2 1/2 lift and stock pump with stock cooler and it's nice and quiet. I replaced a leaking pump when I bought my 74 back 16 years ago (from NAPA, life time W) and replaced it last winter (yeah I had the recipt so free). My Bronco see's mostly street use so stock pump works well.

Tim

BUCKNBRONK

Loc.
fresno
it could just be the belt being worn or loose, over time they get glazed and will slip making noise every time u turn the wheel.

OP
OP
SickWhips

SickWhips

Contributor
It just starting doing this.. Im going to try putting new fluids in it first.. Hopefully thatll fix her up..