• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Price Check: 67 Sport Bronco

diplo

1967 Bronco that has been sitting for over 12 years. Owner drove it for a few years until the motor went out and then parked it with the intention of rebuilding it. It has the original 289 with a three speed that has been moved to the floor. Included is a 1980 302 completely rebuilt for it as well as a 1980 T18 transmission (4 speed with granny) ready to go. The Bronco is a Sport Model (It has fiberglass inserts in the doors and has never had a hard top or hard doors). There is quite a bit of body work to do on the right side.

Saw the vehicle yesterday in person and it is in pretty bad shape. No rust that I could see. Interior is completely rotted out. How much should I offer for it?

Thanks

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I would say 500, but considering it is a roadster and it comes with a rebuilt motor I "might" pay as high as $1500.

Also pictures would help.

DebosDave'72

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
I would make sure it has a U13 at the front of the VIN, otherwise it did have a hard top and doors at one time. What is the body condition? Is there a lot of rust? The condition is going to drive what this is worth... If there is little rust, and it is indeed a Roadster (U13 VIN), then anything these guys have suggested so far is a good deal... If it is rusted out... $1000 or less... If it is solid more toward the $1500... what does he want out of it?

DD

By the way, I wouldn't turn down many broncos for $500... that is for sure a no lose...

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D A 1000.00 up would be in the ball park good luck. :p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Just my two cents, I wold watch the "rebuilt" engine unless he has receipts for parts and machine work.. To some, rebuilt means new valve cover gaskets.. Just be warned...I have help several people pull out a supposedly fresh rebuilt engine...
I would also say $750-1200.. If he doesn't have receipts for engine work, use that to your advantage when dealing on price...

musetech

Loc.
Alexandria
Spend a little time compiling a list of the upgrades you will need/want to make after purchase and price them out.

What is the brake and power steering situation$

A grand for each upgrade is a rough estimate considering quality.

Front axle? Add a bit for a Dana 44, know the differential status as in open or locker.

Floor pan condition? A few bills off of fully functional.

Agree with the rest concerning the rebuild. Was it performance minded and to what extent?

Could very easily sink three grand into machine work and replacement parts just to freshen up a stock 302 from the bottom up. (Doing it right).

If you are buying neglected junk then pay for neglected junk. If you are buying a partial completed project then go in knowing what upgrades are worth. There are a lot of hidden costs just to get your new love road worthy. This is considered the starting point to the madness.

Good luck.

J.D.