• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Price check, running 5.0

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Running injected 5.0 on the garage floor. Yes, runs and yes, sitting on casters on the garage floor. Out of a '95 mustang. Temp fuel system rigged off a gas can. No accessory drive (what little is left has bad bearings in the idlers). Has AODE (bad). Engine cranks over even, starts right up, runs smooth. Wiring has been trimmed back and labeled (battery, ground, switched ignition, start). Thermactor and EGR delete. Looks like it has never been opened up. Still has factory plug wires on it. Factory Mustang headers and cats still on it. Even have the gas pedal out of the car. No smoke on startup.

Needs rear main seal, timing cover (new damper but you can see where an old one walked back and kissed the cover leaving a small wear hole in it). Has a fuel pump but is too small to actually use, test run only. Little insulation nicked off at the TPS and idle air motor (think it was a mouse, only damage that can be found).

I know that a non-runner sitting on the garage floor is basically a core, ~$200. But a running engine is worth more, how much more?

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would guess a couple hundred more than a core. I paid $400 for my 2K Explorer 5.0 with 70K on it. It included everything from throttle body to oil pan, all ignition parts and harness, but no front accessories or ECU.

Any idea of the mileage? Since it needs some work it would be tough to get a premium for it.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I've been seeing them for $600~800 complete and good running condition still in the car, including everything you want to take

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would guess about $400-500 as well.

94-95 5.0L Mustangs have the shortest intake (Height Wise), so clearance should not be an issue with the original Bronco hood. May have clearance issue with Power Brake booster if I remember correctly.

Too bad the accessory front dress is not there. The 94-95 Mustang share the same Timing cover and shorter pump similar to the Explorer 5.0L and has a 3G alternator too. I have used this set-up on 2 Broncos and works very well.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
14 years ago. I paid $900 for a running 5.0 with the computer and harness

Should be easy to sell with it running

I wouldn't buy an engine that I couldnt see run

"ran when parked" is always a lie

If it ran why would they park It?

I thought the thunderbird from dress was the shortest ?

Bluebolt

Loc.
Benton LA
A running 5.0 Explorer engine with all brackets and pulleys, intake and exhaust, fuel injector harness, flexplate and block plate is $375 with all cores and 30 day warranty at the u-pull-it by me. Add $50 for PS pump, Alternator and AC compressor. Personally I would not pay $200 for that engine in my area, too many better engines. If it had a balancer go bad it may have other issues.