• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Professional builder/shop recommendations?- Nor Cal

PDQ

Contributor
Looking for references for an experienced, professional, top quality builder/shop to help with some finish work on my build. (wiring, some plumbing, minor fab work) They do not have to be a Bronco shop or expert either. I'm finding myself continuing to throw good money after bad on friend references and I'm tiring of doing work twice. I also realize the best people may be backed up a bit, but that may be ok, and if they take it on, I am not in a rush as long as it's dialed when it's done.

Looking for someone between Santa Rosa and Sacramento.

Thank you

Last edited:

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am in Stockton and can help with your electrical possibly. I do ok for a bronco guy. Stockton, CA

OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
Thanks you Bronco. Do you have a shop or just like the side work? That may be a little further than I was hoping for just due to trailering time, but I will reach out to you via PM to discuss more if I don't find an option I'm confident with that may be closer.
Thanks so much for the response.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
PDQ, Working on EB's has been my passion since I was 17. Prior to that my Uncle, retired USN Meathead, had me working on old Fords since I was 12.
My job is Military Environmental Exposures Nurse Practitioner at VA. It is humbling work for sure, but I love working on EB's to relaxation.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Not sure exactly what" the great justino "does but you might want to look him up. Not sure if he takes on work but he may have some good references.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Not sure exactly what" the great justino "does but you might want to look him up. Not sure if he takes on work but he may have some good references.

Thanks for the plug. I only sell parts, don't do any work to other peoples' Broncos.

I'd suggest @904Bronco in Morgan Hill - who always has a waitlist, @BajaBronco in Santa Rosa or Petaluma who also is constantly busy, or Cage Dave in Sacramento (916) 792-9481

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Thank you Gents for the kind words...

Sounds like I am a little too far south for him in San Martin, CA.

I am trying to finish up an AC restoration on my 79 Bronco, got an auto trans swap for an EB that the owner and I are hunting parts for. After that I have two rewires hanging out there whenever the owners make a decision on what, when, and where. ;)
You are welcome to PM me and chat.... Sounds like Andrew Norton is close to you, but he is always knee deep and buried :ROFLMAO: with work too...

Doug.

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
What type of fab and plumbing? Go over the scope of work for us. I do occasional side work in Galt area.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is Deetz still doing business in Tracy? Haven’t talked to John in a long while, so not sure.
A little south of the Santa Rosa to Sacramento corridor, but not by much.

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
Is Deetz still doing business in Tracy? Haven’t talked to John in a long while, so not sure.
A little south of the Santa Rosa to Sacramento corridor, but not by much.
Yes he is. He's probably booked out but still working and doing great work.

OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
Thanks so much to all. Really appreciate the ideas and love the respectful nods to other pros on this site. (and speical nod to the backup from thegreatjustino 🤣) These are some great leads to start with but always open to any new ones that pop into mind as well. And yes, I know that most if not all will be backed up if not totally unavailable, but that's only a good sign to the workmanship and service, and I gotta start somewhere as well as just try get in a line too. if this thing is gonna get done.

1969 Miller, it's down to plumbing the twin tanks but running EFI, hard lines for the hydraulic clutch, modifying the dash a bit, and then largely electrical, with a Dakota Digital, a Pro-Flo, E-Stop, power windows and locks, heated seats, rock lights, daytime running lights, the normal bumper and off road lights, and an RFID keyless system. I'm also going to need (want) a custom exhaust done following the crap standard exhaust job I just wasted money on.

I can PM some of you listed for more details and to chat about interest and/or availability for all or part of this journey.

Thanks again

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
1969 Miller, it's down to plumbing the twin tanks but running EFI, hard lines for the hydraulic clutch, modifying the dash a bit, and then largely electrical, with a Dakota Digital, a Pro-Flo, E-Stop, power windows and locks, heated seats, rock lights, daytime running lights, the normal bumper and off road lights, and an RFID keyless system. I'm also going to need (want) a custom exhaust done following the crap standard exhaust job I just wasted money on.

I can PM some of you listed for more details and to chat about interest and/or availability for all or part of this journey.

This is his current build thread if you want to see his work:

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/morgans-1969-bronco.315761/